xisto Community
realthor

Ati Petition For Adequate Drivers In Linux Lets all give a hand here

Whether you're a Linux fan or just interested in open-source software and free OSes that can spare you lots of money than helt Linux get better and sign this petition ; it asks just for an e-mail adress and a name. There are already 23,249 signatures so let's put together some pressure on ATI to release better linux drivers so that , beoming better and more widely used, the game manufacturers and others will reconsider and write games and applications for linux as well. The adress goes like this:
http://www.petitiononline.com/

Ah... Nice shot for Linux people to earn some compatibility with ATI. I was thinking if Nvidia could be done with the same method. I'd like to see Linux grow more into entertainment and gaming so I shall sign one in the petition..

Nice find! Just signed the petition myself...Although, I still don't get ATI's attitude towards Linux! It's not that hard to write some working drivers, now is it? They still don't realize that a great number of people are buying nVidia GFX cards because they are fully supported under Linux... :(

The only reason I did not bought myself an ATI card is that I use linux 96% of the time and I know that there are drivers from ATI which you can use but that the performance of those are left behind comparing to Nvidia.I also like to see beter driver support from ati and so I singned the petition to because when Nvidia can do it why should Ati??

oh thank god there's finally a petition! something that makes my ubuntu run with my x800xl! I was pumped that ati released a new driver after, what, 8 months but a petiton for continuous support and driver updates! woot! *signing*

hmm i've got ati cards in my computers and will be branching into the world of linux shortly and would dearly love to find the hardware i own being supported fully under nix. I am surprised in the world like it is today with a large number of pc enthusiasts using linux for varous reasons that they would neglect to take care of this huge customer base... shame on you ati.... shame (bad derryn hinch impersonation for you aussies out there)*signing now*

inspiron: nVidia already has a great linux driver for just about all chips (they follow a one-driver-all-chips-policy ... it's not easy to pick the wrong one anymore :/ :()there are already many of the (I'll call them like that) "major" games running on Linux: Quake I, II, III (I don't know about IV); UT up to 2004 (and therefore all games on the Quake or UT engine are or should be playable on Linux); Diablo II; Neverwinter Nights......anyways, I'm not that much of a gamer but I've got an ATI chip in my laptop... *signed*