xisto Community
seanooi

Have You Ever Break Up With Someone and realise it was a mistake?

I have a burning question, Has anyone dumped someone only to realize that it was a mistake. I ended a relationship about six months ago, and after three months, I started to miss my ex-girlfriend. At first i felt like she was the one who wanted to break up, so trying to protect myself, i did the dumping. It wasn't so hard, cause i felt I came out unscathed...but after a few months, I realized that i was wrong. I was not going through that guilt period that many went through in a break up, I really I did some bad stuff pushing my ex-girlfriend away. We haven't talked much, but I received an email today saying that I am loved, however, things are over. But I dont want it to be over. :blink: Has anything like this happened to anyone...whats your story. I am not depressed, nor desperate...I have moved on. I accept my loses, but just curious to hear other stories.

This is hard! And it did happen to me and i think it does happen to just about anyone on this planet...This is why LOVE cannot be the thing to seek in you life - it is so beautiful when it is at its peak and sooo hard when it is gone!The thing is that there certainly are things that went wrong between you two and thats why you two went apart, but you still don't want to loose her...you don't want to loose all those beautiful moments with her right? Now you have to make a decision...I believe that second chance is possible (not third, forth -thats too much and it doesn't make any sense)..but if you have a fight and go apart too fast and then realize that you really love that girl you have to try and get her back!!! If you have the chance (she still loves you) that go and talk to her about it...you'll se - you two will be able to talk very good in this situation because there is nothing left to hide!! And this is why sometimes it is good to break up - cos' you can tell eachother what was bothering you and stuff and you realize that in spite of all that you still miss each other (if you do..)...So you have to decide wheter you love this girl enough to give it another shot and if not then just go on with your life and at first have a bit less contact with her because it is easyer and later on you two can still be friends...good luck! :blink:

I think it is so natural to break up with someone if you have ever been in love. This trend if even more among celebrities and models who are in the limelight anywhere on earth. Even to me I have experienced being in love and fallen apart again. In the beginning it looked like everything went wrong but later on I took it naturally and that is the positive way of looking. Definitely it was not the end of the world. That was part of what we call the normal life. :blink:I think there will be very less people not experiencing this in love-life.

Of course I had. I didn't go out with many guys because I prefer the "no-compromise" relationships but I had this boyfriend like a year ago. We lasted about 7 months.It was perfect, I met him in the movies. I was pretty bored so I followed him like an idiot just to see his reaction and surprisingly, instead of freaking out like normal people do, we started talking about something random and in the end we exchanged cellphone numbers.We started officially going out about 2 weeks after our weird enounter and it was almost perfect. Meh, almost because after some time I discovered that he was a drug addict and then everything went bleh.

I have a burning question, Has anyone dumped someone only to realize that it was a mistake. I ended a relationship about six months ago, and after three months, I started to miss my ex-girlfriend. At first i felt like she was the one who wanted to break up, so trying to protect myself, i did the dumping. It wasn't so hard, cause i felt I came out unscathed...but after a few months, I realized that i was wrong. I was not going through that guilt period that many went through in a break up, I really I did some bad stuff pushing my ex-girlfriend away. We haven't talked much, but I received an email today saying that I am loved, however, things are over. But I dont want it to be over. ;)
Has anything like this happened to anyone...whats your story. I am not depressed, nor desperate...I have moved on. I accept my loses, but just curious to hear other stories.

Yeah, I did several times, including the time I repudiated my children's mother out of contempt for her behaviour, and divorced.

I didn't care much then and I've never come since to regret it. Contempt has remained whole. But it's not your situation, right?

Now, I've left another woman about the way you did, just before she decided to do the same the other way around. It's good for one's ego, but not for the truth of relationships. Time's the sole Healer, I guess.

Dunno, friend,

Cheers, all! :huh:

I think....for this kind of thing...it's never too late. When you have realised you have made a mistake, why not rectify it?It's hard to find the right one...and it's silly to let it go away so easily. :)

Seems pretty ugly, You could ask her that i found out that it was a mistake, and we should have stayed together, and make it look romantic, that should make her feel different i believe

I think....for this kind of thing...it's never too late. When you have realised you have made a mistake, why not rectify it?

Thats not as easy as it sounds. I've seen plenty of occasions where people make mistakes and lose their loved one, only to find out that whatever they do to reconcile is for naught, as they've already moved on.

Case in Point. My ex, Mother to my Daughter. We broke up, and continued to be friends for our childs sake. To this day, I still do not know what the heck I did, and probably never will. Anyway, I made every attempt to make things right, short of being labled a stalker....

2 weeks later, she gets with this guy who she CLAIMS she knew before we met, but he went to prison for some lame brained reason like assault or something. Ok, first of all, someone who went to prison for assault, around my daughter?! I'm not too keen on that to begin with, but I lay low, watch from behind the scenes, because if he lays a hand on my little girl I'll be on him like the plague on any 16th century brit.

Well all of a sudden, I get a phone call from this guy saying "If you dont leave [my ex] and [my daughter] alone, I'm going to break every bone in your body, and burn your shop (I owned a cinnnamon roll shop at the time.. well, was buying it..) to the ground. I was like.. WTF?

Ok I'm rambling here.. to make a long story short, Turns out she was dating the guy behind my back for the 3 years we were together, and I was.. for lack of a better term, a sperm donor, because he couldnt have kids. Needless to say, they filed for Adoption, and my "Lack of Parental Responsibility" was cited.. and I lost, because.. wow.. I was never allowed to be NEAR my daughter when that *&*(&&* was around..

What I'm getting at is.. You might not have done ANYTHING wrong, he/she just might have felt the relationship was over, and no matter of reconcilliation you can do will work.

Wow, that is something really really low, how did you manage to handle that, i think i would have killed that guy by now, just to have a chick use you for a child with another guy must really hit a guy down. lol

Wow, that is something really really low, how did you manage to handle that, i think i would have killed that guy by now, just to have a chick use you for a child with another guy must really hit a guy down. lol

Fortunately.. I'm not much of the Violent type.. But I also beleive everything happens for a reason. I'm now married, have a wondeful marriage, and our son is a little over a year old.

I think I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I had a man that loved me unconditionally and I feel like I convinced myself he was wrong for me and I let him go. I don't know what it was, maybe I was too young to realise how perfect he was for me. It seemed like the universe was on our side. Some of the coincidences.. His aunt is my mothers best friend, our grandmothers are buried in the same cemetary two rows apart, we were born in the same hospital the same year, eight days apart... The list goes on.I let him go and for some reason, I know he was my soulmate. Even if you don't believe in soulmates then I can refer to him as the one that got away. But he was even better then that. Since then I have moved on. I found a great guy but no mater what this ex of mine pops into my mind from time to time. Actually it's a little more than time to time. I feel like I had it all, everything I needed if only I wasn't so stubborn and now I've lost him forever to someone who isn't his soulmate. We both admited that we are soulmates gone wrong, we had a lot of growning up to do. But now I don't know what to do...?I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. What should I do? How do I get over a person I feel so connected to? How to I love unconditionally again?Please comment, no rude comments, I'm beat down as it is and looking for honest advice.ThanksIs this wrong? -Champion of Disaster!

I have not broken up with anyone and regretted it later (then again I haven't been in many relationships haha). I feel that if you break up with someone it is probably for a reason, and a good one hopefully. The trick for me is to actually think about it and at least try to work things out rather than making a sudden decision. If you actually try to get the relationship to work and then still feel as though you should break up then it wont really be haunting you later on. I have looked back on a couple relationships, some I was glad and asked myself why I was in it in the first place, but others I think of other ways I could have tried to help the hardships. But to answer you question directly, no I don't regret any break ups or think that it was a mistake.

I have a burning question, Has anyone dumped someone only to realize that it was a mistake. I ended a relationship about six months ago, and after three months, I started to miss my ex-girlfriend. At first i felt like she was the one who wanted to break up, so trying to protect myself, i did the dumping. It wasn't so hard, cause i felt I came out unscathed...but after a few months, I realized that i was wrong. I was not going through that guilt period that many went through in a break up, I really I did some bad stuff pushing my ex-girlfriend away. We haven't talked much, but I received an email today saying that I am loved, however, things are over. But I dont want it to be over. :D
Has anything like this happened to anyone...whats your story. I am not depressed, nor desperate...I have moved on. I accept my loses, but just curious to hear other stories.

Well i have a story but it really isn't about dumping someone but letting someone go out with someone else cause he couldn't choose between me and 3 other girls :) i really liked this boy too and i was excited when he said that he was going to pick me but then i told him to give other girls a chance and that if he broke up with that girl that he would go out with me next. lol well there was never a next time for me because he kept going straight from girl to girl and never seemed to make it in my direction! but really i'm glad that he didn't because i later realized that i fell in love with my best friend (my current bf) and now we are engaged :) . i do although think about how life would have been life if i decided to choose that guy from way back when. but the past is the past and now i'm happy :P so there is nothing to be disappointed about now. even though i think that guy lost the best future wife ever! <3 oh well :D

Champion of Disasters

Have You Ever Break Up With Someone

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

Is there a way to get back with that person. I been with my fiance for 6 years. And I think I'm going to break up with him, because I feel like I'm not happy. He is just like your guy. I'm just feel like I have to break up with him, and I don't know why. I get these moods and I have to do it. I have to make sure that I love him. It hurts me like crazy. I just have to do it or I will never know. I know I risk the chance of loosing him, but I can't do this to him every 2 years. It's not fair for him. He deserves to be happy. Even if it's not with me. He hasn't done anything, he says he loves me, and It's up to me what I want to do. But I get conflicting thoughts. I'm so tired of thinking. If you really regret not having your ex see if you can do something about it.

-reply by help me.