xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rena

Teens Who Act As If They Were Depressed

Hate them. Seriously, they should all die, it's not so difficult to kill yourself. The reasons?There was a girl in my other school. Not, ugly, not pretty, just plain average. She didn't have any friends because she was kind of anti-social. Instead of making some friends how the normal people do she started with the stupidest thing: being an attention seeker.At first it were details, such as she would laugh very hard, behave like a little girl and jump around the classroom like an idiot. She claimed to have a super cute boyfriend and to have cheated on him. Supposedly the "boyfriend" cried when she "dumped" him and she would just insult him.Then, when we all started hating her, the "oh-I'm-so-depressed" period started. She would "unintentionally" show her wrists which had little cuts. She would also cry saying that she's missing her boyfriend. She went to the point of claiming that she would commit suicide "the next day".Surprizingly, when the depression period started, everybody would pity her. I just hated it.After that I've seen different other people that were also attention seekers in a lesser degree but just as annoying as that girl.No, I can't ignore it. I would if the attention seeker wouldn't get the attention that they want.

YEa, there's also this disgusting girl in my class who always talks in this high-pitched voice. She keeps on going around saying that she likes to use art knives to cut her body and keeps on showing off like it's a goddamn treasure.They're just seeking attention. Next time this happens, I'm also gonna tell her to shut the f*** up :blink:

there was a girl in my high school who was an attention seeker too. She would go all over school talking to everyone as if she knew them, which made most of the people hate her. Then she would tag along to malls with people who didn't want her to come along.She would also make up stupid (but interesting i must say) stories about her social life outside school, making herself look all so mighty.The worst thing I hate about her is trying to fake cries in class just to make everyone feel pity for her, which my girlfriend at that time always fell for. But thank god I'm not gonna see her for a long long time now, but when I do, I just hope that she's become a mature person. :blink:

Because of the other stupid things they do. First hand experience is the most accurate. You just knoooow that they're pretending. Trust me  :blink:

Why should I trust you. I don't know you. And you should never assume anything about other people.

I'm sorry you didn't understand me in the right way. My real point:They can't even pretend being depressed properly. I see them steal a smile when someone comes over to consolate her. After the guy goes, here comes the crying again. When nobody's in the room or the bell rings, she's suddenly un-depressed again. If you have any arguements about that not being fake, I'd like to hear it. :blink:

The people who are really depressed don't show it in public, they just keep it to themselves (in most of the cases).And you know someone is just seeking attention because his/her attitude will be fake.It's hard not to assume anything about others. If you see a girl that acts all *BLEEP*y, wears *BLEEP*y clothes, has *BLEEP*y friends and many people say that they've slept with her, it's obvious that you'll assume that she's a *BLEEP*, even if it's not true.

Although what the girl says could possibly be true, this does sound too much like another emo-poser sort of situation. Emo is no fun. I could go on about subcultures (let's all be nonconformist by conforming to a subculture! Who's in?), but I really won't.

The reason she's fabricating these stories is likely due to her being antisocial. She's probably feeling outcast. If she had friends, she may not feel compelled to effect sympathy.

How do you know for certain these people aren't depressed?

Well.. people who are actually depressed don't show it to the world. For the most part, they do the opposite - they try to act happy. You can usually pick up on it, though, if you know them well.. And as for the cutting, same deal. People who are serious about it and are depressed and do it for whatever reason try to hide it, not show it off. The last thing they want is for someone to know they do that kind of thing, especially someone in school who will tell everyone else.

How do I know this? I was actually depressed a few years ago. Not diagnosed, but thats because I hid it. I'm not really sure how I came out of it..

People who show it off are commonly called emo, here anyways. They're a lot more common than they used to be.. ahh well. I've learned to ignore them.. you just tone them out after a while.

Ohh yes, I hate emos.In my school there are like 10 people who acts all depressed and shy and... urggh!!! I can't stand them, why do you have to put yourself a label? Why can't you just have a normal personality like most of people do?

Oh I love these kinds of kids! It's absolutely fantastic to see the new trend is to be mentally anguished. I remember when anyone from my generation was depressed, we'd be promptly put on Ritalin or some kind of medication (gotta love the 1990s). But yea, I keep hearing stories of the recent "goth wave" that's been taking over. Just for the record, being goth or emo is not cool. You should be shot for trying to act more like KISS than a normal human being... though... with a tongue like Gene's I'm sure you'd be more popular with the ladies than cutting your tongue into snake-slits as some of you goth freaks do.Apparently, kids think it's cool to be goth. I think most of them are missing the point. Being goth measn you're an outcast and you're so depressed, you'd rather worship satan and wear makeup than even admit to being "unpopular." Because, of course, it's cool to wear makeup and peice parts of your body never meant to feel the touch of steel. But these kids, omg, they're like 12 and 14 and such! But they're gothic and emo! Ever see that story on Fark (and other news sties) about that emo freak who put his suicide note on myspace.com! Talk about asking for attention! But these youngsters are walking around all happy and laughing, like any other kid, but as soon as you ask them about being goth or emo, they switch to "being all depressed, all the time." It's really funny in a way. Them having to act depressed even though they're not. I remember when I was a freshman in HS and there was this classic goth senior. You didn't even want to strike a conversation with him as he's just make you'd depressed. His mental instability fit his look and resulting actions. Totally different that what I hear about now.Funny things to do with "goth" kids nowadays, or anyone who acts depressed:*recent LAN at a friend's house, group of "goths" from HS come over. So whenever they start laughing or having a good time, ask them about being goth and how much life sucks for them. They IMMEDIATELY switch to goth mode and act all down. few minutes later, they're laughing again (LANs are fun), so start asking them about gothicism again. repeat as needed. If you can keep up with the fun times, you can make them eventually say "I'm not gothic, now leave me alone!" it's so fun!*act gothic too. no, not kidding. wear normal clothes you'd normally wear, but act all depressed like them. They'll take offense to it and be like "you can't be gothic! you're not wearing black!" and then respond in depressed mode, "since when do goths care about what they wear?" and they'll be all confused and stuttering because they read the "facts to being a goth" from the local bookstore and they just broke the number1 or 2 or 3 fact. then they'll finally shut up about being "goth" for a couple days... or until people forget about it.*and the winner: SHOW THEM SOME REAL GOTHS. that'll put a scare into them! You can't act like someone without seeing that someone. After two hours in the same room as a goth from the 1980s/1990s, anyone will come out as the freakin' martha stuart of life!