xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iwuvcookies

People Pressure Pressure from all the people.

Have you fallen victim to pressure? Either by your parents, friends, outsiders, family, etc???In general i don't like pressure. My parents are always making me feel uncomfortable. I can never tell them anything on a personal bases because after all they do control your allowances and your punishments. They can never be your friends. I pressure you with stuff about being good and you gotta do this and that. My parents are Asian so that makes it worst. lol. I know its what they signed up for but i just don't like the feeling.

I know how you feel... like REALLY know how you feel....and that's including in the asian parent part as well.. My mum gets SOOOOOOOOO annoyed when I come home with a report that has quite a few B's plus she keeps telling me I'm stupid and fat. She's always telling me about how my other cousins are really clever...one's opting for Oxford Univesity and the other is going for Harvard. gaaaaaa.. She's telling me if I don't do well she's going to be ashamed etc...and her friends and family are all waiting on me succeeding or not... and some of them are actually waiting for me to fail... and my mum wants to prove them wrong by setting me high standards and becoming angry that I don't get the A's she wants. She isn't as bad as it sounds but sometimes she is. I just feel that she's putting the pressure on me because she wants me to get good grades so she looks good, BUT I know she does it sometimes for my own good.. but you know.. sometimes it really gets to you, especially when she keeps talking about how my other cousins and how all her mate's children are clever and got straight A's in their GCSEs etc... And once I got like 89% on my math tests and got the highest in my previous class and I got home showed her hoping she'd be happy but then she asks me...what happened to the other 11% and said it wasn't good enough!! And I was like what's good enough and she was like getting 100% and I startd to cry, lol. But this was some time ago.. :blink:I've never really had peer pressure. If I did it was mainly in primary school by my other little friends because they were rich and I'm sort of poor and they use to be like "So what designer is that top?" it's not really peer pressure... but I felt as though I should be wearing designer clothes just because of them... but as I got a bit older I knew best and so did they and they soon never really minded...

Wow that seams a little inhuman. Look pressure is something that all youth and adults alike have. Even though most teens face emotional pressure more then that of adults who seam to be pressured on things like paying the bill's and so on. Bu t I do agree, pressure sucks big time. You see these things about people cracking under pressure because of how others see them as. Going through life being asked why you do what you do and how you ast or speek can damage more then you would think. I have had my fair share of insults for being what I am and I have learned that life is that way, you just have to stick out your middle finger and tell them to bit the dust!

Pressure is everywhere. Sometimes it helps, most times it doesn't. The only times I can say that pressure has honestly helped me is when someone has told me and really believes that I can't do something. At that point, I have to prove them wrong. But any other time, pressure makes things worse..Parents can be your friends once they can't control you anymore - whenever you move out. Before that, they have full control over anything you do, and you can't tell them anything because of it. But thats a bit off topic..It really bothers me when people put pressure on you to be just like someone you know or you're related to. How can they expect you to have the same abilities as them, and for them to have the same abilities as you, when you're not the same person? Twins, maybe, at least they both have the same genetic potential. But anyone else? Thats just.. pointless.. people are different, and no amount of pressure is going to make them of the same ability or motivation or personality, or anything else.The only real good type of pressure is the kind that comes from yourself..

I also have felt pressure everywhere from my parents, and especially from my friends in high school. You can't really avoid it but if you know better you just have to say no. If they don't give up just ignore them. If they are your friends they should understand. No one can really tell you what to do it is really up to you but you should know what is right and wrong.