xisto Community
brandice

Trying To Save Money There is always something that you have

So, I've been trying to save up as much money as I can for something (that I won't get into now, but I am sure I will share my experiences once the time comes nearer) for a few months. I have this horrible problem of giving my money away though. Whenever someone asks me I can not say no. I think I need to find a way to get money and not let anyone know I have it.So now, nobody around needs money but the fan/power deal on my computer seems to be acting up again, and there goes the savings. It seems that whenever I am just about to make a little headway in the savings department something breaks or someone really needs to buy something. I feel like screaming. :blink:

God, I know exactly what you mean. A few days ago, I was going to Micro Center to return a $120 hard drive that I didn't need, when all of a sudden, I hear a really loud pop from my car speakers. Come to find out, I just blew my front door speakers. So, after I returned the hard drive, I had to go to best buy and buy $140 dollar speakers. <rant> <--! This my related rant-->I hate it that I have to buy the best of the best for anything. The best clothes, the best parts for my car, the best speakers, etc... They are so expensive, that I can't even afford gas any more. Is there some kind of therapy that is offered to make people save money? :blink: </rant>

I know how you feel too. When people at school ask me for like a dollar, I would be the nice guy and give them a dollar. But I find out a lot of people take advantage of nice people. So yeah...... Now if sometimes when I need my money, I would tell the person that is asking me for money, if they got change. If they ask you for money you could just say you need it for something, or make up an excuse.

lol the best thing for ya to do would to be just make a bank account..a saving one..and then put a lock on it so that when u get the certain amount of money you need (that you set) that it wil be available to withdraw...im sure u can do that !!

I can't save money. It's just impossible for me.Once I managed to save a lot of money for a month. Instead of buying lunch and clothes I kept it.Then, suddenly, I decided to go shopping and uh... I spent everything.

I have this horrible problem of giving my money away though. Whenever someone asks me I can not say no. I think I need to find a way to get money and not let anyone know I have it.

220953[/snapback]

I know what you are talking about when it comes to lending people money. I used to lend people money at school all the time and they always gave it back and I maby got an extra dollar sometimes since I went out of my way to lend them the money. Then my one friend asked me to borrow a dollar I gave it to him and he said he would give it back to me the next day. It was the next day and he had no dollar and I reminded him and he said I would get it tomorrow. I never got the dollar. You have to learn never to lend people money because you never know if you will get it back no matter how hard it is to say no.

I know too! My mom is an assistant manager and she can't say no about anything. If someone asks her for $10 she'll loan it out if she has it. If someone needs a ride she'll give it to them. The motel has about 20 units. I had to step in and start saying no to people that ask her and her boss stuck up for her and yelled at some of the tenants and now no one asks for anything from my mom so I'm happy my mom can keep her money to herself.

That's true about never getting money back once it's gone. I've seen what has happened with my own mom, I guess I take after her. All of her life she's loaned her siblings money and let them stay at our house when they've gone through hard times. I can't remember a solid year in my childhood when there wasn't some stray uncle or friend living at our house.

The problem is, usually when you loan out money or give someone shelter, even if you know they will never pay you back the people you've helped will start getting testy. They don't know what to do and they feel awkward. My mom and aunt didn't speak to each other for 14 years after my aunt and her family stayed with us. And We still haven't been in contact with my uncle in nearly 20 years because he is afraid that a couple thousand dollars is hanging over his head.

To update the original post- I am going to finally get a bank account next week! and I am going to attempt to not let anyone know how much I have, or if I have any money at all. This is going to be tough. But it's an important thing to learn how to do.