xisto Community
amitojduggal

Teleportation Possible Software Designes, Lacking Hardware

Hello everyone,IN my college Someone came from USA, i live in India. He gave a lecture on Human teleportation, He said it is possible. The lecture was very interesting. He described It like,We can break the molecular structure or a object that may be molecular or biological. He also added that when teleportated the person can be sent to anyware in the universe may be mars and other planets. I just loved his lectures.And one main thing he said That the software for this has been made and is fully working, but the main problem is its hardware implementation. It is very difficult to get it working on hardware level. And who wants to be trapped in a cyber world any way.Well if we can build something like this World will change forever Miles will become micro seconds, Ages will become minutes it would be just like travelling in the time and saving time also. We will be safe from the accidents that occur in a space travel,I would love some more comments on this onefor furthur in formation visit. Popular Mechanic's Article on Teleportation Malcolm Ritter's Article IBM's Quantum Teleportation Web Site Dr. Zeilinger's Web Site Quantum Teleportation Web Site (In French)Google it for themGreat This forum is wonderful lets us express ourselfGood work keep it up.Amitoj

Isn't it all just theory at the moment? Like a lot of other sci-fi stuff now can be explained using theories and a few formulas. I'm sure we all know that something that works in theory and looks brilliant on paper quickly goes out the window once applied to the real world.What I want to know is what will happen if two different molecular structures get transported at the same time. So like in the film The Fly where Jeff Goldbum (or whatever his name is) steps into the teleporter and his genes get mixed with that of a fly's. Could such a thing happen in real life? And not just with a fly but with anything. So all those tiny germs that live on us, the world or anywhere, will our genes get mixed with theirs' if we step into a teleporter and teleport somewhere. And what will that mean? Will a giant germ emerge from the other end or a very ill person or maybe even a superhuman being?And if we start getting these genetic mismatches how will they be stopped? Won't the teleport room or device have to be sterilised and so would the subject being teleported. Imagine all those creatures living on and in us. I'd hate to come out looking like a giant tapeworm or a giant flu virus.

If you're talking about quantum teleportation, it's not what you think it is. It won't be a Star Trek-like teleportation system. When it comes to quantum teleportation, the properties of atoms are sort of copy-pasted over the properties of another atom, thus making another atom that is identical to the first, but, in essence, it is not the first. In other words, if a person were teleported using quantum mechanics, a whole new them would be created - perhaps even conscious and with the same thoughts and memories, but that would still mean that the original person didn't actually go anywhere - just the "code" of their bodies, so to speak.

Yeah, this kind of stuff is hard for me to believe in, but if it does eventually some how work that would make the already great world network even better. I would love to see Newegg ship my stuff in 2 minutes through teleportation into my house rather than the lengthy typical 2 days that it would take haha.

In short, Breaking the matter, converting to molecules and then may be CONVERTING to MATTERWAVES (which can travel faster than light - theortically proven) and then get the waves on a reciever with 0% LOSS (which is important) and then convert it back to matter again.Phew! thats a long run..

So if we can teleport people... we can clone them exactly like they are ? right ? What would then life be ? would you know if your an clon or the real you ?life would be phucked up. To teleport people you need to break people in tiny little moleculs and store them somewhere until you transport them on another place. So there are a lot of moleculs for breaking one human, i think that could be a lot of hardware space to store all those molecul structures. a lot, i readed somewhere, im not sure is that true, that if we wont to teleport, for hardware space we need soo many harddrives ( of 80gigabytes ) that if we put one on an top of other it could go up to the moon.So maybe that is the reason why is hardware such a big problem.

Come on people, haven't you played the Half-Life series? :blink: Seriously, I think teleportaion is going to become possible within the next century. What would really be cool, is if you could store all of your molecules on disk, and in a few hundred years, have somebody put you back together like you were before.

That all depends on whether or not you believe in the soul, Kevlar. In theory, a human is no more than the sum of his parts, but it has been proven that something happens to a person when they die - they measurably lose weight. Assuming that humans have some kind of conscious link to another dimension or something, that link could be severed and never be able to be reconnected again.And concerning your comment, OpaQue, there is no way, currently, to transfer or convert energy with 100% efficiency, which would be necessary in order for this to work. Wires, fiber optics, etc. all have some signal loss. Computers can figure out to keep that loss from causing problems, but with something as complicated and precise as the entire code to a human being... I certainly wouldn't want to have it tested on me.

Teleportation being possible is very intresting. If it IS actually possible though wouldn't there be alot of risks? Such as going into some teleporter thing and coming out but missing some parts of your body..or worse: important internal organs!If teleportation is someday possible I think I'll just stick to the train,thanks ^^;

Ya that is pretty interesting to have you teleport from one place to another but I think that don't you have to have a teleporter at your destination? You can't just type in "Mars" and expect it to take you there. You would have to have one there too which takes out the point of teleporting unless we send one there in a space shuttle. Then we could transport a bunch of workers or something to send a spaceship from there to another place. It would be interesting but I think it would only be able to work on Earth.

Too much science fiction, people. True, it would be necessary for there to be a machine on the other end in order for a person to be transformed from energy back into matter, but, as I mentioned, there would be some signal degredation (deflection in the case of fiberoptics, crosstalk in the case of wires), which would result in a tiny bit of information being lost. Although it may seem unimportant, that little piece of information could be a part of DNA, which would result in the person being, or becoming, mutated, or just simply dying. The loss of just a few chemicals from a neuron could mean that a person wouldn't know or remember anything at all, and possibly couldn't learn. The loss of a few cells could mean an unrepairable internal hemmorage, resulting in death by blood loss.It's hardly all that Star Trek makes it out to be.

I don't think it would be that cool, Richard. Assuming it was even possible to materialize in another time without there being a recieving device on the other end, how would one return to the present? And, of course, there's all that paradox stuff that think tanks come up with to give people headaches...I'd think that the discovery of time travel actually being possible should be the first step as far as the concept of time travel thereof is concerned, but that's just my own biassed opinion. I'm probably wrong.

this remindes me of the thing in the Willy WOnka's Chocalate factory where the kid gets shrinked. But I guess it is totaly possible and i hears they did that with single atoms and they are now working on transporting like whole group of atoms. THe main problem they are having now is bringing then back together in the same order and this will not be anytime soo that people can be transported. Because humans are living and they are verycomplex creatures i dont think a single machine can do that anytime in the century.

Sure, anything could be physically shrunk if the amount of empty space is decreased, but the amount of mass could not be changes, and as such, no matter how large or small it was, it would always weigh the same.