xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LUEtopia

Google Im

Google IM????Are you guys hiding something from me?!!Is google releasing an IM?????How do you guys know?????

Adding an im feature to your gmail account is something to think about in the future for google. I sure that google is testing it however it may take it a while to catch on. Since google and aol are so close it may have it to chat with aima and google im. Well while nothing has been comfermed by google we hope ther will be one.ThanksEric Drinkard

Wow, Google is no longer only a search engine. It's now an email host, a search engine, and now it has IM? What's Google gonna come up with next? A Google System?I think that an IM system for Google won't have much support. After all, why switch to Google when you've already got MSN, AIM, or Yahoo?

There has been no official confirmation of this rumour. However all signs point to the possibility of Google jumping into the IM bandwagon.It already owns Hello - An IM client it acquired when it took over Picasa. The Google desktop search tool code contains reference to an IM code that supposedly allows the desktop tool to communicate with the browser. However Google officials say it is merely a protocol that communicates with AIM to make IM data searchable on the desktop.I guess we'll just have to wait a while and see if Google actually makes the move. It definitely has the pull to attract a large userbase and swing it towards Jabber.. which seems to be the obvious flavor of choice for Google. Most other IM clients seem to have moved to the SIP/SIMPLE standard. So it would be interesting to see if Google follows suit and joins SIP or leans towards Jabber. The latter would obviously be a big boost for beleaguerd Jabber.. but will fragment the marketplace even more.

Adding an im feature to your gmail account is something to think about in the future for google. I sure that google is testing it however it may take it a while to catch on. Since google and aol are so close it may have it to chat with aima and google im. Well while nothing has been comfermed by google we hope ther will be one.

Thanks

Eric Drinkard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be a really good move for them i would be thinking. I mean, they are already begining to dominate everything else, why not IM?!?!? :rolleyes:

Linux VS WindowsMozilla Firefox VS Internet ExplorerMozilla Thunderbird VS OutlookGmail Messenger (Maybe :rolleyes: ) VS MSN MessengerWindows is going to be *** :D There services are too bugged or with too much ads... I want a Gmail Messenger :) Mhhh... Maybe Windows should build a good application next time :)

yeah, wud just love to have google IM. now since there are lot of invites around, I suppose most of the frequent surfers wud have a gmail account.......whatever google does, it does it good... so keeping my fingers crossed... :D