xisto Community
scab_dog

Windows Live Messenger The New MSN Messenger

I couldnt find any other forums that this topic would fit into so i posted it here.

'Windows Live Messenger'

It is the newest MSN messenger out, you can download this from sites around the web like http://www.mess.be/. But there is a catch..it is like Gmail you need invites to use it. I have been searching the web for some but i couldnt find any, so like many i ahve to wait till Microsoft makes it public. But i have found some which require you to win a tournament. so YEAH THOUGHT I SHOULD KEEP POSTED ON THE NEW UPDATES.

Does someone knows when they are probably gonna release this version? I don't now what's all new about it, but it sure sounds great 'msn LIVE messenger'.

i have the beta version of this - a friend of mine test the programs and she gets 10 free invites. its pretty cool, i havent looked at all the new features really i just use msn for chatting.the good thing is you can have live video messaging...dun know how it works but i wanna get it set up it looks cool. you can change the colour up where ur name is too.i have no idea when it will be out because there was an error with it that caused it to shutdown everytime u tried to chat - i believe it has been fixed now.

I just downloaded it yesterday...but its taking abit of time to get used to it , im not sure if i like it or not :blink:..i hate the thing where u mouse over contacts and a big rectangle thing appears , and generally i think the design is abit too "CHUNKY"..but i suppose ill get used to it eventually :ph34r:

I just downloaded it yesterday...but its taking abit of time to get used to it , im not sure if i like it or not :blink:..i hate the thing where u mouse over contacts and a big rectangle thing appears , and generally i think the design is abit too "CHUNKY"..but i suppose ill get used to it eventually :ph34r:

221000[/snapback]

Tools - Options - General - Untick "Expand contacts when my mouse cursor hovers over them"

Its not bad, defently faster and no freezups (except in the last loading bit, and the privacy tab when you have almost 600 contacts like me... I hit the upper limit already. I was in shock when my contacts went from 250 to almost 500, it didnt add them because of the last limit. Enleast they told me i hit the limit of 600 this time...

The color is alot more appernt, but i stil cant get the right one... grr....

Also, only the mayjor features are implimented. Msn Plus is in development atm, I hear its released whem msn live is released. Also, that annoying extenstions blocker is now an option, thanks Microsoft for thier screw up and make it an option. I can calll anyone in the world, my friends, family, or gf for about 3c AUS a minute, as long as i get a mic. ATM though, this service is only in UK adn a few other countries, but it will be everywhere once its released.

REally though nothing much is new.. But thats expected. I hear they plan to test this version make sure its stable, etc, and then release a much more upgraded vesion. I guess thats also why you need to be invited, so that not everyone downlaods and complains its faulty.

Tried and didn't like it. Too many useless features.I was pretty comfortable with the MSN 4 without all the "dynamic avatars" and stuff. Although it's pretty stupid that they give like 78346 fields of info about a contact and we still don't have the entire palette of colors for the font.

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that something like this actually is out there for microsoft messenger. I started to like microsoft just because the search engine is very friendly towards websites run and maintained by me.60% of my site visitors are from msn search and Google is very poor at the moment. I wouldn't mind trying out more of microsoft stuffs like this too.

Whats wrong with the "old" msn? Oke sure it is cool to see the other person and that you can talk to him/her in reall time but msn allready can do that.All those dynamic avatars and smillys also can look cool for a while but after some time I have seen it and switsch back to the 'normal' stuff.Imo its just more memory eating, bloating stuff from our good friend microsoft

Yeah I heard that the Software will be realesed within few weeks. Thats all i heard..not a precise date but A few weeks. Just a quick point..I like the Yahoo mEssenger better..they have more servers set up and Video confrencing is nearly Live. And it is awsome, you have you wown Answering machine and other stuff.

Danm Looking GOOD:D..... Anyone has a Little Screenshot Please :(... i really want to see what does it look like... for the people that has it.... is kind of a new Revolution or its just Few more feature and stuff... is it a must have :( ?