xisto Community
Kubi

June 6th 2006 - The Devils Number Possibly the end of the world?

Ok, I don't want to start any religious fights here, that's not what this topic is meant for. So PLEASE hold the religious comments.I was at school one day, I turned to a friend and said "I bet the world will end on June 6th of this year". Now I think they'd know what I meant(goth kids, ya, no I'm not one). But they didn't! So I sat there and explained it, all of a sudden "Bing" the light in there brain goes off, they said that's really a possibilty.For those of you who don't get it;June 6th, 20066-6-06Or without the 0,6-6-6, 666Well 666 is the devil, so it would make since, well you're probably saying "Well there's a 666 year, every decade".Well that's true, but I believe it's more possible now, then ever before, because our society is more advanced, meaning, obviously, more stupid. We've done so much crap to the Earth in the past decade it's almost disquisting. So now that we've done more stupid things to the Earth, deplete the ozone, cutdown the forests, leading the to extistion of hundreds of animals, it could be a possiblity.Now people are probably thinking "This will NEVER happen! It's just another stupid day of the year that I'll probably waste hiding from the end of the world(ha)", well go ahead and think that, but I have a strong feeling something will atleast HAPPEN that will be bad on that dayPlease leave your comments, but if you're not going to say something intelliget and that goes with this topic, leave it be, I don't want spam here.

there have been so many predictions on the end of the world. i really dont believe in anything about that, every year theres some sort of weird date like 4-4-04 or 5-5-05 but nothing ever happened on those days. and its the year of the dog, which is supposed to be a friendly year. i really dont get anything religious but thats just my opinion.

We've done so much crap to the Earth in the past decade it's almost disquisting. So now that we've done more stupid things to the Earth, deplete the ozone, cutdown the forests, leading the to extistion of hundreds of animals, it could be a possiblity.

Actually, I beg to differ about some things you have stated. More accurately, we have done more stupid things in the last decade that it IS digusting. And what the past century has added to the problem is an additional factor.

This Generation has a Stewardship of the Planet Earth. We received it in a certain condition and are failing miserably at maintaining or improving it. Yet, we will be passing it on to the next Generation. I am not terribly religious, but the only expression which comes to mind is "God Help Them", meaning the next Generation.

Respitory diseases are a result of all the 'stuff' we put into the air. We only have so much athmosphere. And it is getting full. Too full, especially since the best method of cleaning it is slowly being destroyed, the Eco-sphere. Trees are required to cleanse the air around us, but they are disappearing. Acres and acres of them daily. It used to be that England had forests, upon forests of good Oaks and Chestnut trees. By using them for building materials, burning as fuel, and clearing the land for Farming, there are hardly any traces of the woods that were once available. And Eastern USA is no different. The hardwood forests that were once there are no more. Replaced by genetically modified plantations of non-native trees designed for fast growth to be harvested.

Don't get me started on energy Consumption...

My prediction for that date is that there are going to be a lot of children born. I know that seems strange but there are a lot of people who think it would be a "wacky" thing to do. I even saw things around places on the web saying how this was the week to conceive and all of that. I think it was sometime in September. Very silly.

Then why did the world not end on June 6th 666 ? Plus its 6-606

so its really 6606. And why is 666 the number of the devil? I dont really care, but why does the devil have his number anyway? Who decided so? Who made it 666 instead of lets say 777? (i probably wont get an answer)

As for the messing up our world thing, Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes qoutes sum it up nicely:

"Its an outrage how grown-upshave polluted the Earth! I refuse to inherit a spoiled planet! Im leaving!"

"Acid rain, toxic waste, holes in the ozone, sewage in the oceans, and on and on! The only bright side is that someday there may not be a piece of the planet worth fighting over."

"The surest sign intelligent life is out there is that it hasnt tried to make contact with us."

That was one of the greatest comics over: very realistic point of view but still funny. C&H are great, shame Bill Watterson is done with em. :blink:

If 666 means the Devil, then you know what that means right? 999 must mean God, or Jesus Christ. Since they say demons like to mock all religious things, and they usually just flip or do the opposite of whatever resembles something holy. But, does this mean that on September 09, 2009 Jesus will come and save us from the end of the world? I doubt it...

Hm, maybe it just means the start of the 3rd world war, which is also predicted by the so called bible code (Wikipedia

In its 170 words the years 2000 and 2006 are encoded. The only time that "World War" and "atomic holocaust" are encoded in the Bible they appear here, in the same two versus with the same two years. Also where these years are encoded, the code reveals the phrases "it will bombard your country, terror, devastation, it is being launched." This same code also predicted "in 5700 the cremator came." This is a clear prediction of the Holocaust, and if it predicted the First World War then why not the last?

(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)

I remember, back in the day, there was a Christian "heavy metal" band called Stryper, and they always has 777 on stuff, like that's God's number. I'm not sure why. I don't think they made that bit up. Or maybe they did because they wanted people to know that God is 111 better than the devil? haha

Very interesting topic kubi.

As for the world ending on June 6, 2006, I suppose it's a possibility. The same as it's a possibility that the world can end today, or tomorrow, or in 100 years. We certainly have been destructive enough to our planet.

There is however the question of the date itself....June 6, 2006. I'm sure that articles and even books have been written about interpreting 666 as a date. If you think that 666 refers to a date, then this date is a date as we know it using the current calendar we are using. At the time Revelations was written, the calendar was totally different. So then how accurate would June 6, 2006 actually be?

It's open to interpretation as to whether 666 refers to date or not. I know you said this wasn't a religious discussion, but the bible has to brought into it because that is where we get the 666 from. Revelations says

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six

So my understanding is that 666 is not a date but a person.

Well, is the world just going to explode for being that day or something? Jk, atleast Ill bearly enjoy my birthday which is the 3rd. Dont know about another world war but I definetely do not think its impossible. Before the war vs afganistan who wouldve expected some planes to crash into the twin towers? I remember I was in school and this teacher was saying something and "just like you wouldnt believe me If I told you that some planes just crashed into the twin towers", and the class was like ZZzzZzzz... !!!. What? yeah right? than all the school was talking about it, and people where watching the news. I dont really think anything will happen. Maybe a meteor will pop out of nowhere.

@moogle - That movie is stupid and I'm sorry but it realates nothing to the topic, that is just a little video of a stupid way the world will end. It's quite offencive btw, so click at your own risk.

@Zerohawk - The world didn't end on June 6th, 666 because one, that's 6666, and two, uhm, did humans even EXIST back then? I realize June 6th 2006 is 6606, but it could also be 666, I may just bestupid bubt when I right my day I think everyone knows that decade we're in so I leave out the 0.

@moogle - I realize 666 is a date, but to my understanding it's also a person, the devil, I've been taught 666 is the devil, and 777 is God, jesus.

@truefusion - I've never heard about 999 being jesus but that is a strong possibilty that it could be because it's 666 turn upside down, oppsite of down is up. Heaven.

I know that most people think thisis just another day of the year, but the possibilities are virtually endless. We could predict these events;

The twin towers were stuck on 9/11, 911 is the phone number to the police(duh), and also the lotto number of that day was 911(This is in Arizona). Now it could be coinsidence, but things like this shouldn't just be overlooked.

You may think this is computer bull, but take in the possibilities.

I think that the Twin Tower plane crash was on 9/11 was not a coincidence. Maybe the terrorists chose 9/11 bue to 911 being the emergency phone #. And now I finally know where 666 as the number of the beast comes from. Ive always wanted to Revelations but then I always thought it may contain some insights I may not want to know.

@ kubi

The world didn't end on June 6th, 666 because one, that's 6666, and two, uhm, did humans even EXIST back then?

Well yes of course humans existed at that time. Humans were already around thousands of years before Christ.

My apologies to anyone that the flash movie may have offended. It wasn't my intention to offend. I'm going to ask to have that link removed.

The world didn't end on June 6th, 666 because one, that's 6666, and two, uhm, did humans even EXIST back then?

Then surely a better time for the world to end would be 6/6/6 (6th June 6AD).

There's just as much chance of the world ending or WWIII starting on the 6th as much it strating on the 7th May 2008.

Besides, you're all overlooking the fact that different religions use different calendars. The Islamic calendar at the moment reads 14/12/1426, so who's to say what calendar this spirit will use to judge the date the world will end?

Friday the 13th didn't bring me any more bad luck than any other days and the 6th June won't bring more death than any other day of the century and if it does, it won't be because of what the date reads.

We have listed over 7 dozen past predictions of the end of the world which have one factor in common: none ever came true. There is every likelihood that most (perhaps all) of these future predictions will not materialize either.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl1.htm

Well I sort of believe it but I think it is a superstion really. I think that it might not happen this year but maybe a couple decades from now when it gets even worse. They Maya who were around a couple thousand years ago predicted the world will end December 23, 2012. This is without any technology or superstitions this is just estimations made by them. When they made charts of the moon phases they were off by 33 seconds without any advanced technology. Of course the odds are less likely but you never know. I think it really depends on what you believe in.