xisto Community
stlgoalie

The New Mactels Some of them are out

I am not sure on the iMac's how much faster or better the Intel Duo chips are going to be especially since programs like Final Cut Pro can use the 64-bit G5 processor to numbercrunch. The MacBook Pro (horrible marketing name in my opinion) however looks awsome. The Intel chips are a definate upgrade in the laptop arena. I will be needing a new laptop this fall, and those look like a good buy for me when law school rolls around. Anyone else have thoughts/ideas.

I am not sure on the iMac's how much faster or better the Intel Duo chips are going to be especially since programs like Final Cut Pro can use the 64-bit G5 processor to numbercrunch. 

The MacBook Pro (horrible marketing name in my opinion) however looks awsome.  The Intel chips are a definate upgrade in the laptop arena.  I will be needing a new laptop this fall, and those look like a good buy for me when law school rolls around.  Anyone else have thoughts/ideas.

220405[/snapback]

I agree with you that the name MacBook Pro is rather silly, but from a marketing point of view, it makes perfect sense - they probably want to move away from the "i" and have the Mac was part of the name again. Maybe the next generation of ipod will be called "macpods"?

I have to say, that, even though I am a Mac person through and through, I don;t mind using the same chip set. As long as the Operating system is what it is: better. I will stick with Mac's.

However, I do understand that people are taking this serious. It is quite a change. If you read some of the comments, on the other hand, you get the impression as if the world is going to end...

Intel Computer Chips... Macintosh Computers... COMBINED?!? I think "my" world is going to end. I like everything to stay seperate, and have its own thing. Everthing is good, sepreate and clean cut. Though I must say, this may make me switch over to Macintosh.I always hated the Macs due to the Apple Processers. Who knows???