xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seanooi

Airfare.com, Novatravel.com, Orbitz.com are they trustworthy?

I wanted to book a flight back to Malaysia from USA and these 3 travel agents (airfare.com, novatravel.com, orbitz.com) quoted me with a very low price. But the problem is I'm not sure if they're trustworthy or not. Did anyone use any one of these travel agents before? If so, please give some reviews on them.

Yes. They are generally trust worthy. But use caution when purchasing the tickets to make sure they don't tack on a whole bunch of fees. I wouldn't put it past them. I don't even know how they make out a living :blink: Hey good luck and take care.

I bought my ticket only once through Airfare.com and I had a terrible experience, they first confirmed my ticket and then never issued the ticket, without ever tell me. Fortunatelly since I did not completely trust them, I called the airline and found out they never issued the ticket. Their customer service is extremely rude. They offered me a voucher which I have never seen.Definitely do not use this site, there is better out there

I've used airfare.com once and will never use them again. We had to cancel our plans and they said they would give us credit for our flight but it's been a year now and their customer service is useless. They always give us the runaround - and thus, we are out $1500. Do yourself a favor and use a reputable online service - not Airfare.com.-OrangeCounty

Don

Airfare.com, Novatravel.com, Orbitz.com

I tried to buy through airfare.Com and they made unauthorized transactions on my visa, then I was not able to talk to anyone there. Every guy would put me on hold for a few minutes then hang up on me. DON'T BUY AIRFARE.COM.. Be warned

-Mario

NOVA Travel

I have used Nova Travel 3 times. Once to go to Ukrain, and twice now to go to China. I have had very good experience and the best price every time. I highly recommend them. I am using them again to go to China for the Chinese New Year and The Spring Festival in February.

NEVER USE ORBITZ

So we are in Ft. Lauderdale Florida for a business trip. This trip was suppose to be taken originally with our RV, but that didn't happen thanks to my carelessness. Since that, this trip has had some serious frustration, so let me clarify.

Ft. Lauderdale is actually really nice, aside from overly priced food that really isn't that great, this area is beautiful and is clear why Florida is so popular.

The nightmare is Orbitz, and for those that don't want to read more, just follow these instructions. DON'T USE THEM.

For the rest who are curious, the trip went fine to get here, but I had booked the hotel and car with Orbitz. I booked the airfare directly with Continental thankfully. So got the car, economy was what was requested, and according to Hertz the Toyota Prius was economy and that's what they gave me. TOTALLY AWESOME, people should know we are big fans of green, and was happy so far.

Then we got to the hotel. So right on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale, but the room was disgusting. We are talking the classic **** hole, you could feel the mold, dust mites, and bed bugs partying at the sight of humans, it was that grungy. I was expecting cheap, but still sensible.

Please read the complete comment at our blog: http://www.jacqdesign.com/portfolio/logos-at-work/

Airfare.com

I have used Airfare services and still regret it. I bought international ticket and was waiting fro Fed Ex delivery (which was suppose to take 2 days)for four days.When I've tried to contact costumer service nobody was available to take my call( even thought it says on their web side that costumer service is 24/7).

Finally, after numerous hours on the phone their representative picked up the phone, unfortunately his English was poor and all I understood from the conversation is that they mailed my tickets electronically instead of Fed Ex delivery for which I was charged $15.

Our conversation lasted for 30 sec, after then they hang upon me. I tried to call again and again nobody was available. I called next day and the day after somone pick up the phone and put me on a hold for 27min and then hang up on me. I called my credit card company and recalled all my charges. Thanks God it wasn't too late. PLEASE, STAY AWAY from AIRFARE.COM

-reply by Anastasiya

NEVER USE NOVA TRAVEL!!!!!!!

I called Nova travel late in the evening to get a quote for a flight. The agent (Mamoon Syed) emailed me the quote (which by the way was really pricey compared to what I found on expedia or orbitz), and we agreed that I would contact him in maximum 2 days to tell him whether or not I want to buy the ticket. The next day the dude calls me to ask if I want the ticket). I tell him no, because I found some cheaper one online.

Then he starts shouting at me telling me how I have absolutely no decency because he spent 1 hour (it actually wasn't more than 20 minutes) searching for my flight. Please note that I was at work so I hadn't even had time to get back to them, plus, I was supposed to have more than a day to give them a call. What a horrible agent! Never use NOVA TRAVEL!! They are totally rude and expensive!

airfare.com booked me flights different from what I asked and wanted $700 for the "change"!

Instead of 2 hours of layover in Frankfurt on the way from Moscow to Seattle for my wife and child they booked a 14 hours overnight layover. Taking into account that Russian citizens need a German visa to get out of the airport to a hotel and that it is a big hassle and expense to obtain German visa (requires a separate trip from our city in the South of Russia to Moscow with a 3 days stay there), this was a horrible experience. And they demanded $700 to for the correction of their screw up!

-reply by Stanislav Rumega

Airfare.comAirfare.com, Novatravel.com, Orbitz.com

I had one very bad experience with airfare.Com and would certainly not recommend them.   Each agent ( of 4 )  gave me a different story about the

fare rules for the itinerary, and insisted that the other agents were wrong.   Each insisted the whole process be started again, and would not consider the email trail  of correspondence I had previously had with the other agents in the company.  

None of them would agree with United Airlines' interpretation of the fare rules.

Further, they wanted a large fee upfront BEFORE they would process a ticket refund. Definitely a suspect operation. 

-reply by Steven

Airfare.com are crooksAirfare.com, Novatravel.com, Orbitz.comOne word: CROOKS. I bought tickets to India via airfare.Com. Since we had our 6 month old daughter travelling with me, I booked the tickets, way in advance. Everything seemed fine until AirIndia cancelled the flight and waitlisted me and my family on another flight almost a day before my original schedule. I called the airlines who agreed to give me a full refund and asked me to contact the travel agent. The customer service of airfare.Com turned out to be absolutely rude and they hung up a few times, even yelled "..You got a good deal, what are you complaining about ?" before hanging up on me. After about 25 calls, I was able to reach "Rex" who charged my credit Card $200 as "cancellation fees" for a guaranteed "Full refund" for flight tickets, which were cancelled by the airlines. Knowing that is the only way to atleast get back some money, I agreed. The full refund was MINUS the agent fees !! Airfare.Com had charged me for booking the flight and then for cancelling the tickets for a flight, that airlines had cancelled. It was an absolute nightmare which costed me $ 375 for NOTHING. I would ask anybody and everybodyOne word: CROOKS. I bought tickets to India via airfare.Com. Since we had our 6 month old daughter travelling with me, I booked the tickets, way in advance. Everything seemed fine until AirIndia cancelled the flight and waitlisted me and my family on another flight almost a day before my original schedule. I called the airlines who agreed to give me a full refund and asked me to contact the travel agent. The customer service of airfare.Com turned out to be absolutely rude and they hung up a few times, even yelled "..You got a good deal, what are you complaining about ?" before hanging up on me. After about 25 calls, I was able to reach "Rex" who charged my credit Card $200 as "cancellation fees" for a guaranteed "Full refund" for flight tickets, which were cancelled by the airlines. Knowing that is the only way to atleast get back some money, I agreed. The full refund was MINUS the agent fees !! Airfare.Com had charged me for booking the flight and then for cancelling the tickets for a flight, that airlines had cancelled. It was an absolute nightmare which costed me $ 375 for NOTHING. I would ask anybody and everybody to stay away from airfare.Com. To stay away from airfare.Com.