xisto Community
realthor

Perfectly Silenced High-end Pc With The Case filled up with cooking oil

I want to try that, though preferably with some kind of radiator/cooler. (maybe run a circulating pump and pump it through a coiled pipe sumberged in some ice water :( I wonder how much overclocking it could take before the processor fries. oil doesn;t have as good a thermal conductivity as a heat sink (both maybe?) but there is a lot of it so it will hold a whole lot more than a little heatsink.

yeah lol, i read this in another forum.this is quite odd! and interesting find and its crazy to what lengths people wil lgo to create a silently cooled PC.There are major draw backs though. . . . obviously wanting to replace any components becomes Very awkwad lmao.And nowing my luck it would leak during the night :(and the worst probably, surely your room where the PC is situated will begin to smell like a fish and chip shop with all that oil lol.

As always THG manages to bring new, and extreme ideas to the crowd :( I am definitely trying this, but as they recommend, I will use motor oil. And as I won't be using my computer for display, I won't use plexiglass, I will see to use some other material, maybe wood. I will first try sinking a piece of wood in motor oil, and leave it for few weeks to see the results :(As soon as I get rid of the projects I'm on... It's modding time :(

Alot of time and effort wen tinto that llol iagine if you put it in all at once, and it all stars to seep out :huh:

lol tahts awsome!dont want to deal with not being able to open the case when ever and stuff like taht instead ill just get the silent fans to put in my case... i normaly have music playing so i dotn notice any of this stuff loli turn it off i hear a little hum but nothing much lol just a fan by my window blowing cold air from outside into my room