xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ComeToLife

Qualifications For Ministry What do you think they are?

This post is for everyone, Christian, non-Christian, whoever. I'm curious what people would say, if asked, what they thought a Christian Minister should be like. Christian or non-Christian, what characteristics do you think should be required of someone who is in a position where they are "proclaiming the word of God?" I ask these as a Christian in full-time ministry, out of care and concern and love for everyone, Christian or not. I'm not looking for a debate on whether or not Christianity is the right religion, or for people to come back and say "just dont shove it down peoples' throats" cause I already know all this, I'm looking for sincere qualities that you'd respect of a Christian minister, even if you don't believe or agree with what he teaches.

Hey Jeremy. A Christian just like you here! :) Glad to have another one on the forum. I look forward to talking more with you as we grow in our faith.The qualifications for a Minister? I have a few. They should be honest, with a true relationship with God. This means that God has first dibs on EVERY last decision in their lives. They should be loyal to Him, and not waver in the faith. A Miniister should be compassionate. A Minister is a preacher of God. And therefore should not do things that are ungodly. Never-the-less he'll make mistakes, but he should try his best to live a Godly life.I don't think a Minister should drink, do drugs, or smoke. Just because the scriptures say our body is the temple of God. And abusing it is not allowed. Just some thoughts. I think that we place our thoughts on how a preacher/ Minister should be, but really, it is what God says he should be that counts. Nice topic, thanks.

Glad to be here!! I look forward to discussing topics with you as well. I hope that there would be some non-Christians who reply to this topic as well, as one of my goals as a minister is to know people, whether they believe or not, and what things they find respectable, honorable, and so forth. I am a student of multiple things lol, mainly Christ and His word, but also of people. I hope to see some more topics between us!!