xisto Community
madjar

Signature Tutorial Learn how to make a complete signature

Signature Tutorial

Hello. A friend of mine made this tutorial for his site, and he allowed me to post it here as well. Click here for the original tutorial.

1. OK, lets start by creating a 320x100 document with white background in photoshop. Then Press "D" on your keyboard to have your colors reseted.

Posted Image

2. Go to "Filter/Render/Clouds".

Posted Image

You will have something similiar to this:

Posted Image

3. Create a new layer. Then get the brush tool, and start brushing with black color on the layer. (A good place where you could find good brushes is http://www.deviantart.com/).

4. Create new layer, change your color from black to white, and start brushing again.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 few times, each time using different brushes, untill you are satisfied with your result. This is what I got:

Posted Image

<span style='color:quot'>Render and Colors</span>
1. First, you need a render image. I will use this one:

Posted Image

2. Open your render in photoshop, and drag it onto your signature. Scale it down in size, and position it as you wish.

Posted Image

3. In the "layers" window, click on "create new fill or adjustment layer", and then choose "Color Balance"

Posted Image

4. Choose your favorite color, and click OK. I used these settings to get a nice purple color.

Posted Image

The result:

Posted Image

<span style='color:quot'>Text and border</span>

1. Now let's put some text on the signature.
Get the type tool (press "T" on the keyboard), choose a font you prefer, and type your name on the signature with white color.

2. In the layers window, click on "add a layer style", and then choose "Outer glow"

Posted Image

3. Apply these settings:

Posted Image

This is what my signature looks like now. Yours should not be too different:

Posted Image

4. Create a new layer, and with the pen tool, draw a 1 pixel black border arround the signature. Then under that border, draw another one with white color.

5. Your signature is pretty much complete now. Don't be afraid to play around in photoshop changing things. After adding some effects, this is my final product:

Posted Image

Well, that's it. I hope it helps.
For more signature examples visit my signature gallery.
Please do not distribute this tutorial without my permision.

Xisto Service Advertisement
[hr=noshade]ImageFilez: Imagefilez is a free image hosting service offering free image upload (best for uploading signatures), video hosting and photo sharing service (without registration) for users who want to host pictures and video's on sites like myspace, blogs, forums, Ebay & share images and video's with family & friends.[/hr]
Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

tis a good tutorial..now if only i used photoshop..but i use paint shop pro.. a friend gave it to me..along with animation shop pro :)

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Nice tutorial.. It will definatly will help out for thous who are new in sig making and for thous who want something new :).. I like that idea of border.. I usally use the simplyest way so I needed some changes :P.. GooD JoB to your frien and yourself for posting it here :P..

Hello. A friend of mine made this tutorial for his site, and he allowed me to post it here as well. Click here for the original tutorial.

The Background

Well, that's it. I hope it helps.

For more signature examples visit my signature gallery.

Please do not distribute this tutorial without my permision.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Whenever copying from another source, please use QUOTE tags. Credit deducted.

Notice from KuBi:
On top of BH's note, this belongs in the Photoshop tutorial section. Warning Issued Moved.

219825[/snapback]

Thx! I have been trying to find out how to make a signature! Luckily I have adobe photoshop! Thx soo much! This is my signature I just made. Its kinda weird. I don't really like the face that much.

Hey if you want a good signature then try this..1) Go to danasoft.com2) Then you register there using valid email address.3) You will be given some code which you should put in the signature.4) After you put the signature in your forums, so whenever the visitors come to your site, they will notice there ip address in the very colured box, but there ip address is only seen by your visitor not evryone...Try this, very good for security purpose..

the completed result looks very nice...well,it is really a good tutorial for beginners.but i think there are a little render image without bg...so for beginners,it is hard to select a single and clear render from a image :angry:.

nice tutorial.. i was looking for such kind of titorial after coming to this site now even i got sig craze lol

Thank you very much! I sued to make really crappy ones, but I lost my photoshop and am getting it again soon, so I will be able to make better sigs and banners and stuff!