xisto Community
Kioku

Old School Consoles

I don't know if it's just me, but even though I keep up to date with the newest consoles, there's always an 8 or 32 bit space left in my heart for the NES or Super Famicon/SNES. Sure, they're a little less advanced, but they're still fun to play every now and then, even though I've beaten most of them at least 10 times. Super Mario World's an example. That game was fun to even walk around in. Besides that, it was easy to learn, but took time to master the controls of things like the cape's hovering to dodge the jumping fireballs in the lava like in that one fortress ( I forgot which one exactly. My bad. )

I totally agree. The old mario, donkey kong, zelda games were so much more fun than most of the new games that are released now a days. They really have set a standard for our generation that has yet to be beat. I know that newer, younger children than myself (i am 19) really dont appreciate those games which is kinda annoying since they definitely are the best ones ever. I really wish the new games of this day and age could go back to their simplicity yet still be different and up to date

I would have to enjoy playing the old school games every once in awile. Sure maby they are not very advanced and do not have sory lines but for some reason they are addicting and fun. Graphics really do not mean anything to me as long as a lack of them does not make the game look horrible or make it hard to play. I am a fan of pretty much every old system created.

I enjoy old school gaming, i still enjoy playing my genesis. Thought i never got the joy of being able to play on one of the original Atari 2600s :'( but it would have been cool to do so.

I completely agree with you. Every week or so I'll play my Super Nintendo I still have connected to my television. Also, if it counts, I still play Nintendo 64 a bunch, the Banjo and Kazooie games, Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye are great games.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are arguably two of the greatest first person shooters ever created in my opinion, at least. Perfect Dark's original game could even surpass the entire prequel designed for the XBox 360 if they don't keep the entire concept and ideas from the previous game.

I love my NES and Genises, it's just sad that everyone in my area dislike oldschool consoles, and stick with their Xbox 360s. I loved playing Mario and Sonic on their respected consoles even now, I'm going to go off and play my genesis again. :blink:

Even through all my systems I have including Xbox 360 I just still love the older systems.I love the Super Mario Allstars for Super Nintendo but I still love to play the nintendo 64 I especially love Super Mario 64..man that game is really hard I think I have like 90 stars so almost done. I hope my Nintendo 64 doesnt give up on me lol or i will have 2 go 2 Gamestop and buy another 1 4 like $25 lol

Super Mario All-stars was a pretty cool archive of the NES Mario games for the SNES. A cool aspect of retro gaming is that it really doesn't cost that much, since alot of people pawned off their old games to places like Gamestop and now they're cheap. Even after I've spent most of what I've earned on newer games and consoles, I usually toss in about $10 some times for various old SNES games ( good ones ). I've got a rather large collection going on. :(

I completely agree with you. Every week or so I'll play my Super Nintendo I still have connected to my television. Also, if it counts, I still play Nintendo 64 a bunch, the Banjo and Kazooie games, Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye are great games.

I have my Super Nintendo connected to my television too (but soon my television table cannot fit more consoles :( So I need to decide wich console I shull put down from it :(

I like my Super Nintendo very much, but even if I have many games, i do not play on it often, perhaps 2-4 times in a month. Why? Becouse now i often play on my personal computer or on my Gamecube/Xbox. My other consoles NES, Sega Master System and Nintendo 64 i also do not play very often. The same reson.

Super Mario All-stars was a pretty cool archive of the NES Mario games for the SNES. A cool aspect of retro gaming is that it really doesn't cost that much, since alot of people pawned off their old games to places like Gamestop and now they're cheap. Even after I've spent most of what I've earned on newer games and consoles, I usually toss in about $10 some times for various old SNES games ( good ones ). I've got a rather large collection going on.

Yes! I completely agree with YOU! When I was a child, Super Mario All-stars was my absolutely favourite game. But we all can stop buy SNES/NES/N64 Games now! Soon the Nintendo Revolution will be released, and then you can download many games from that consoles (was it five hundred?), some are free, some are VERY CHEAP.

Just wait :(

I love old game consoles, even though they are a couple years before my time. The first game (as in, video game) I can remember playing is The Legend of Zelda, A link to the past. I dont think I knew what was going on at the time, and I just wondered around burning bushes, then Id cry after I ran out of magic, but oh, that was my first game. I have the GBA version now, along with the SNES version, and I still love to play it every once and a while.

Im more into the old computers, before the days when everyone had superfast pcs & suchlike.

I found an excellent website the other day: old-computers.com

Takes me right back, my old 1k ZX81 with a 16k ram pack, the Sinclair Spectrum, Commodre 64, my excellent Oric 1... those were the days <_<