xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anarchyboard88

Ftp Problem. cant connect.

for some reason my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/cant connect via ftp. its strange, i can go into the file manager and access my cpanel just fine, but i use WS_FTP and ive used CuteFTP and they wont connect to my ftp site. i dont know why either.. is there something im missing,, ive tried everything, it tells me to put in ftp.2dfy.trap17.com and 2dfy.trap17.com and i enter my username and pass but it says its a bad host.. plz help that would be verrry appreciated and useful.

I don't know how much help I can be... but when I connect I do it in Dreamweaver, and it connects to my ftp fine.These are my settings:FTP Host: ftp.yoursitenamehere.trap17.comThe login and password use the same thing as it takes for me to log into cpanel.Also, 'use passive FTP' is checked, but I'm not too sure what that means, or what it does. Just thought I'd mention it.Hope that helps...

I'm not an expert when it comes to FTP, but on my first host that required FTP,I couldn't sign in because the password WAS IN CAPITALS LIKE THIS. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but it doesn't hurt to try :)

I'm comes to my FTP account with Total Commander 6.50 (ghisler).

For access to FTP it require these parameters:

1. Host (Ex. ftp.[domain].trap17.com)
2. Password (Your domain password)
3. Non-obligatory - home dir

This software can access to FTP in anonimuosly mode!
I'm come to my Xisto FTP account with this tool very vell!

yeah... actually, from memory I had a similar problem earlier on... I think the easiest solution is just to try some other FTP Software that's easy to use. Try FTP Commander. It's brilliant. The website is http://www.internet-soft.com/. Also, you might just want to make sure that you can access any FTP sites at all. Try ftp.microsoft.com for example. Lastly, just double check that any firewall software you have installed isn't blocking either your FTP software or the ports it's trying to use. You'd probably be able to check the FTP port in use in an Options section of the program (I'm not sure though as I don't have the same software as you). Good Luck.

unfortunatelly.. ur right... for some reason i cant access ANY ftp site directly.. its strange, i can still download from ftp clients obviously to get the ftp client program.. but i cant put it in my browser, nor use it in putty or WS_ftp or Cuteftp ooorrr that ftp commander... grr.. i dont have a firewall on at all.. not even windoze. ahh any suggestions to how i can view the problem or test i could perform would be MASSIVLY appreciated.. thnxxx

FTP Commander works quite well for me, and it automatically connects me to the FTP site before I transfer files. I guess the only drawback my be that if I forget my password, it may become a big problem.