xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ashiezai

How Long For Sites To Be Listed

When I did submit webpage I have done in Slovenia it was approximatly from one day to 3-4 days, depends on the search engine administrator to take your request.So 1-3 days I guess.

actually how long does it take for a site to be listed by search engine after submission ? kinda curious ..

Since you have posted under Google, I assume you are more interested in Google. This is what Google says in it's add url page:-

google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url

We add and update new sites to our index each time we crawl the web, and we invite you to submit your URL here. We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

And after you add a page, this is what they say again:

Your site URL has been successfully added to our list of URLs to crawl. Please note that we do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

So, make your own guesses... Googlue!

rvovk Posted on Oct 24 2004, 11:42 AM   When I did submit webpage I have done in Slovenia it was approximatly from one day to 3-4 days, depends on the search engine administrator to take your request.

So 1-3 days I guess. 

which search engine you r talking about ? 3-4 days ? that fast

i've heard that if u r fortunate enough u may be listed by google in 4-5 weeks time
i dunno about other search engine ... it's been more than a week now since my submission and nothing i cound find .. <_<

as far as submitting webpages to search engines is concerned i would like to give you a little link to an interesting articleon codeproject.com Article on codeproject
It basically tells you NOT to submit your webpage to search engines and gives you some alternatives that shall be more efficient... just thought that might interest you...

if its google, you have to wait for crappy googlebots to view your site and save craploads of pages from your site to its cache. it should be instant imo, should just go right in the database and be all set. but they most likely review the added sites as well.

Well how much your site is big?If your site is very big and it have illegal content it will never be listed.If you have 10 to 20 visitors/day,50 pages maximum,link to Google for 12-24 hours your website should be listed.But for big websites example torrent sites,they need to pay to get listed in Google

But for big websites example torrent sites,they need to pay to get listed in Google

I dont think thats true... You *can* pay boe indexed by google but then you are clearly labelled as a sponsored link on the right. Anyone thatis *not* in that list hasnt paid.

Thats the whole point of google, it clearly shows you who has paid to be linked and so you can tell a genuine good site found by keywords from an unrelated site that just paid so it could appear in your search results.

Keywords and meta tags are very important. If you do a google search, you can see it'll highlight the words you typed in. So content of your site is important. If your site is all flash, you won't be getting listed very well. Try using words that are search for a lot, but use descriptive ones too.

At least one week.This depends on which site your submit. If you submit your new site to google and continuously update the contents, google will index your site in 3-4 weeks. And yahoo will takes 1-2 weeks. If google index your site, ask and other website will index your site soon. Of course, the best way is to list your site in DMOZ, but it is difficult.