xisto Community
DaRealChrono

Xbox 1 Mods Who Has Them?

I have a Xbox softmodded. I'm not one to use warez or anything like that but I must say there is some great stuff that comes with it.For instance, you can backup you games, which basically means you never have to worry about scratching up your discs or anything like that. I'm for one a big fan of this because it keep my games in great condition.Also with it you can get Xbox Media Center. You can do pretty much anything with this, play any type of cd, dvd, you name it. You can even put GFX and stuff on it to present them in slide shows. Also you can download scripts to stream media from sites like Gamespot and others.The limits to the Xbox is so advanced that I feel I do not even need a 360.I mean you can even take it to the extent to put Emulators and Roms onto the Xbox and play them, and some people even burn games (I know this from a good friend, he will get caught one day :) ). I'm not one to do that, I'm too poor to get into all that legal trouble.I just love the backup options and Xbox Media Center, and I was wondering if anyone else has a modded Xbox?

Even thou some would consider it to be illegal, i use it. I have EvoX on there have 300gig Harddrive..I really only wanted to get my Xbox modded because i have about 20 games..that are not of my region. if you go to Malaysia or Sigapour..You wont be able to by a orignal Xbox..so if you want to buy one it cames pre modded. And they sell game for about a dollar each (yeah they are burnt ones, but what the hell they are games). And the media center..I have found a lot of uses for it..doind powerpoint presntations...playing a computer game using the Xbox on the TV. the invention of Xbox is great, and the invention of EvoX is greater. yeah i kinda want Xbox360 just to play some of the new games on it. But This Xbox would do for me.

I'm pretty sure modding your Xbox, or any system for that matter, is not illegal. It just voids your warrenty. But, if you take it online, that is against the terms of service of Xbox Live so that would be where it's wrong.I personally don't have my Xbox modded, but I really want it to be modded. I don't want to take it on Xbox Live because i don't find that fun, but just making mods and playing it on splitscreen would be so fun. Also, downloading some popular mods like Halo 2:CE and playing it on Xbox Connect sounds very fun. Of course, the only problem I see is I would find it annoying to have to manage all the games on my computer.I think I might get mine soft modded once, or if, I get an Xbox 360. That way, I can still go on Xbox Live with the Xbox 360 and I would be able to have a modded Xbox that I can use offline. That way, I would never have to play around with the maps so I don't have my modded maps online.Does anyone here have a hard modded Xbox? If so, do you think it is worth it? Or would it be better to get a soft modded Xbox?

I softmodded my xbox also. I'd say the really useful thing about a modded xbox is the media center. It's great if you want to stream some shows and such to it so you can watch them on TV instead of a computer. I still need to figure out how to set up Adult Swim's friday night fix onto my xbox... That'd be perfect. Also, you can pop an audio CD into the Xbox and watch some cool visualizations while listening to your favorite tunes. It's especially good if you have a laptop, but you want to listen to music with your surround sound TV speaker systems. :(

Oh, and one disadvantage for Xbox 360's media center is that it doesn't support divx/xvid playback!!! XBMC (for xbox 1), however, plays it very well. I heard Microsoft decided not to support the formats because of potential piracy issues concerning downloaded movies and stuff, but it disables a lot of legitimate videos too... Oh well.

... some would consider it to be illegal ...

219526[/snapback]

Wait... it's illegal? I thought it just voids your warranty!! Since we're the end user, I was supposing that whatever we do to it, besides reverse engineering software on it, would be perfectly legal. I don't think they'd mind if I chopped it in half with an axe, but then again... it would be my loss.

SoftModding an X-Box is completely legal. All it does is void your warranty. The only negative things that can come from it is getting your X-Box live account banned. But, generally speaking, SoftMods are quite easily reversed. All you have to do is put the Microsoft X-Box Dashboard back on and you're set. Some of the dashboards out there even have a way to toggle between them without having to un-softmod it. There is a semi-solution to the X-Box live problem however, you can connect via IP to other softmodded X-Box consoles to play with other people. More like running a LAN game than using X-Box live.I'm curious though. Those of you who have modded your X-Box, how did you go about doing it? There are a few different ways to do it and I'm just interested in how others achieved it. Also, which dashboards are you running?

I have a Xbox softmodded. I'm not one to use warez or anything like that but I must say there is some great stuff that comes with it.
For instance, you can backup you games, which basically means you never have to worry about scratching up your discs or anything like that. I'm for one a big fan of this because it keep my games in great condition.

Also with it you can get Xbox Media Center. You can do pretty much anything with this, play any type of cd, dvd, you name it. You can even put GFX and stuff on it to present them in slide shows. Also you can download scripts to stream media from sites like Gamespot and others.

The limits to the Xbox is so advanced that I feel I do not even need a 360.

I mean you can even take it to the extent to put Emulators and Roms onto the Xbox and play them, and some people even burn games (I know this from a good friend, he will get caught one day :huh: ). I'm not one to do that, I'm too poor to get into all that legal trouble.

I just love the backup options and Xbox Media Center, and I was wondering if anyone else has a modded Xbox?

lol i soft modded my xbox today!
but uhhh im kinda lost on how the hell i put mods or anything onto it cuz i cant use my action replay cuz it says "this is not a valid xbox save"
anyone wanna PM me/email me and tell me how the hell i put mods and *BLEEP* onto my xbox??

It really depends on what you're trying to do. What dashboard did you install? What version is your X-Box? What mods are you trying to install?

I have my xbox hardmodded with an xecutor 3 modchip. Means i can ftp my xbox and use it as a media center. My modchip can also be disbaled which means i can still play on xbox liv ehwich is great I highyl recommend getting your xbox modded as its great.

That's one of the reason's I love my Xbox so much. I can't wait until I get a mine modded. Because some of te more advanced mods you can get even change the whole User Interface of the Xbox itself. I've seen one of te better modchips on the market in action and it mkaes your Xbox look like it's from some computer movie where things look better than they should.Plus I have the Halo Edition Xbox to make all the better.

I really would love to have this done to my xbox but i am not even sure what i would have to ask for. I have waned to do this for a while becuase i have heard tons of great things about it. But i also heard if they do anything wrong your whole xbox is messed is that true?

I saw a thing on TV (I think it was The Screen Savers on TechTV maybe, it was a long time ago) on modding the Xbox. I have no standing on this issue, whether it's because it's illegal, or whether it would screw up the Xbox, or whether my dad would allow me to. I'm not a gamer (but that's exactly why I would want to mod my Xbox, to get other featurs out of it), so I don't really ever touch my (er, our) Xbox. But for those who did mod their Xbox, enjoy all of your nice flashy features, whether it be media center or backing up discs, etc.).

I have a Xbox softmodded. I'm not one to use warez or anything like that but I must say there is some great stuff that comes with it.
For instance, you can backup you games, which basically means you never have to worry about scratching up your discs or anything like that. I'm for one a big fan of this because it keep my games in great condition.

Also with it you can get Xbox Media Center. You can do pretty much anything with this, play any type of cd, dvd, you name it. You can even put GFX and stuff on it to present them in slide shows. Also you can download scripts to stream media from sites like Gamespot and others.

The limits to the Xbox is so advanced that I feel I do not even need a 360.

I mean you can even take it to the extent to put Emulators and Roms onto the Xbox and play them, and some people even burn games (I know this from a good friend, he will get caught one day :) ). I'm not one to do that, I'm too poor to get into all that legal trouble.

I just love the backup options and Xbox Media Center, and I was wondering if anyone else has a modded Xbox?

I have one. it's pretty cool, I've got all sorts of emulators on it (Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Random Arcade Games, Sega Megadrive, etc.) I also installed a 240GB harddrive into it and I can load games into it so I can play them without the CD. It's really cool...

I really think it is cool you can install games on to the 240 gig for xbox. But i have a question when you use the harddrive to play games do you have too have a game a ame in the cd tray. The reason i ask is becuase my xbox has a problem and whever i put a game in the cd tray it will freeze at certain points and i have no idea why.