xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spy_charly

I Want A On-line Store! what is needed for an online store?

hello all guys!...i had this doubt while working on a project of mine i thought, well if i want to sell this stuff how could i do in order to make payments and/or receive the money?....strange he, well and i was wondering if some of you have implimented this "technology" into your site.It is more comfortable for the client and so for me since i dont have great skills doing e-business, actually none so it would be such a big help if i receive the help and guidance from someone that has done it before.The main stuff that i am actually selling are programs and customized projects for the clients who will hire my "mini-company" hehe :P.Another thing that is bothering me is the ability to give to my clients its bill so if they work or if a company hires me and need to the concerning billing information so everybody could be happy. If this is possible do you think i should have to pay taxes? why? or why not?.... (in my opinion, i think i shouldnt pay taxes since i dont have a real fisic place well i really dont know)And finally is there a SMALL script shopping around out there i can use to achiev all this? i say SMALL cos there are some that are very complete and at the end you loose yourself :)thanx in advance

Well..I think now a days there is no any problem and not alot of skills needed for starting online store.For me , i could think was the main problem of gettiing money from customers etc and making them believe that it is a secure site.Well some years ago it was not very easy but now there are alot of third parties who give you services and of course you will have to give them.For example , if you want to recieve money from your customers , there are some very famous companies like Paypal , Stormpay (not very famous but is very fine) , E-Gold (Same as storm pay) , all you need is just to open an account on such a services (its free and takes couple of minutes) and they give you this facility.And of course they take some commission for each transiction.Once money is in your account you can withdraw by using different ways.You can compare the % of commision and compare to different companies.That was all what i thought.And also check , Yahoo Small Business.Hope it helped you.

You can use the Agora Shopping Cart mod on CPanel for a simple Online Store, and Fantastico has two other Online Store Softwares available. But if you'd rather do it yourself, be warned it may be very tough.The good thing about the internet nowadays though, is nothing is as hard as it seems.

thanx for reply guys....i will seriuosly think about the companies itssami mentioned, paypal is well-known but maybe trying with others i could have a better service, anyway now my problem is to develop a little cart in flash. and getting the payments working.I tried the angora cart but it wasnt very good so maybe i try the other 2 you mentioned NDPA.

I would suggest using os commerce if you are going to recieve payments through paypal. It has a intermediate store setup and in order to recieve payments through paypal its just a couple clicks of a button. I have alot of experience with os commerce, so if you decide to go with it and neeed some help just pm me and i can help you out. If not, there is many other stores that can be setup very easily. If you want a very simple and plain store, go to paypal's website and go to merchant tools. they have everything there to setup your own online store with.