xisto Community
realthor

Kanotix Internet Access please help

Hello, for about three-four monts i've played at linux learning what it is and trying to get myself used to the terms anc concepts, i've even installed once PCLinuxOS on my hdd but back then i didn't have internet connection and as i knew almost everything relates to internet in linux world i gave it up until i got a 'kernel panic' error. And that was just a test cause i wanted some debian on my computer. For many weeks i was settled with ubuntu then when kubuntu came up iwanted it and now i've decided to give kanotix a try. About two days ago i deepened in vmware virtualization because i wantwd to get myself first accomodated with linux and able to do things in windows and today i have a running kanotix under windows but i don't have access to internet.Every single live cd i tried turned to have this problem: mepis,ubuntu and pclinuxos.I have internet at home only for a month and i'm not even very familiarized with terms like gateway or proxi and i'd like to learn how to configure my network connection. Can anybody help me with this?What adresses should i know about my connection(i only know IP adress)and where should i learn them from?A step by step info would be MUCH appreciated.Thank you.