xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LifeMinistries

My Life God is AWESOME

My Life So yea...I'm a Christian, and proud of what God's done in my life, and I just wanna let some of you know how I came to where I'm at now....(serving as a youth leader.) Alright soo...this is like, a very basic version of my walk with Christ. This is like my...everyone can read...story. I'm MORE than happy to share with anyone the whole story, just ask lol. Anyhow, hope some can be blessed or relate. Ciao and God bless!!When I was younger my family didn't attend church. If church ever was an idea, it usually ended in an argument, and was never considered necesarry or even important. In my first year of middle school, a friend of mine invited me to an outreach at his church and I decided to go. At the service, the message really spoke to me, and convicted me of a need in my life for change. I accepted Christ at the service, with an understanding that I was a sinner, and as a result, was destined for death, and an eternity apart from God. I accepted that Jesus Christ died on the cross in my place, that I could have eternal life with Christ in Heaven. After this point in my life, I became actively involved with the youth ministry, desiring to share the love I now had in my life with everyone I came in contact with.At my school, I was often teased or made fun of for my faith, and for carrying a bible around while I was at school. I grew very quiet during the rest of middle school, and by 8th grade, had also stopped going to church. Between 8th and 9th grade, I decided I wanted to change myself to fit in with other kids more, and I sacrificed a lot of my morals and beliefs in order to do so.During my freshman year I was known as one of the popular kids, at all the parties, getting involved with girls, drinking, and the contest of who can be the toughest guy. I gave up who I was for something I really thought I wanted, which was to be accepted and liked.When I was 15, my family and I moved to Elburn, Illinois, and it was difficult for me to fit in with the new life. The size of the community was substantially smaller than it was back home in champaign, and the people were different. I was never quite able to fit in at my new school, and I became depressed, and felt like I didn't really belong anywhere unless I completely gave up on who I was.I started attending Village Bibe Church, where God spoke to me and reminded me of who He is, and how awesome and powerful He is. For the first time since 6th grade I felt like I belonged and fit in somewhere. I became active in the church youth ministry, especially in the areas of worship and evangelism. As I accepted and surrendered my life to God, He began to move and shake different things in my life so I could see Him. After a little over two years, God tried my reliance and dependence on Him, and I gave in to sin and ended up leaving the church as a result.I spent two years after this searching to replace and fill the void that was left open from leaving the church, with worldly thing that couldn't even compare to what I had in God's presence. My life became an enormous vaccuum, sucking up things like money, nice cars, and girls. Nothing could fill the void, but I kept trying and trying, and my drive took me a long way in the business world of things, seeking money, which I still always wanted more of.In August, 2005, I visited the area where my former church was. I ran into the girl I was with while I was at that church, and God used her in a way that He could've used no one else in my life. Through her I was reminded of what I once had, who I once was, and what an awesome love and life there was in Christ. I realized I needed that back.Two days later, I went back down to champaign, which is where I was living at the time, packed up a bunch of clothes, shut down the garage I had began running, and came up to the Aurora, IL area, to find someone who could help me grow closer to God. I found Mario Arindaeng, who has consistently poured his time and life into me, and God has worked through him so much to reveal His truths, will, and power in my life.In the months since august, God has revealed piece by piece a small amount of His majesty and grace. He provided a home for me when I arrived to the area, as well as an amazing church family. God has blessed me with a desire to seek His will, and leave behind the worldly things that I once sought after with so much passion. God has granted me a peace of mind and a freedom that's uncomparable to anything of this world.I now am seeking once again to head into ministry, specifically Youth Ministry, and I continue on with a hope and excitement granted only by God toward the goal of bringing Him glory. Many things of my past continued to haunt me for the first few months back, but through the grace, power, and love of Christ, I have been able to bring them before His cross, and lay them at the feet of Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit my life has been redeemed, restored, and renewed in Him. One of the things I always tell people I asked God is that He'd allow my future to not be affected by the things of my past, and I'll never forget the response I so vividly heard in my heart, "There is no past."

I asked God is that He'd allow my future to not be affected by the things of my past, and I'll never forget the response I so vividly heard in my heart, "There is no past."

Hey man i know how u feel about the last part.... i didn't have the time to read it all so i apologise, but the last part applys to me alot, i've been in hardcopre deprseion for most of my teenage life, i'm 16 now
at teh start of this year i went to a sda christain camp, i let go of it all at camp, even tho now i have a scar on my arm from my own hatred and self insecureity, i still know i have sum dude up in the sky (not literally but u know wat i mean) thats loking out for me, just trying 2 show my freinds is the hard part aye...