xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Razor

Nintendo Revo - Non Tv Theory Quote of what shisgy said...........

Right so i was happily browsing around this gaming website...which featured an article on shisgys free time...anyway concentrating on the last few paragraphs of this article it said.....:

After transforming the idea of the joypad with his Revolution controller, he's now set his sights on the use of the TV. As he explains, "It's convenient to make games that are played on TVs. But I always wanted to have a custom-sized screen that wasn't the typical four-cornered cathode-ray-tube TV.
"I've always thought that games would eventually break free of the confines of a TV screen to fill an entire room. But I would rather not say anything more about that."

Full Article Can Be Found Here

It was that last paragraph that made me think that mabye..somtime after the Nintendo Revoloution is released ...they may try designing somthing other than a TV as a viewing system....I was thinking hologram type thing ? could be even meaning somthing about the games generation after xbox360 , ps3 and revo... but id like to see some of your guys views ... :)

I don't think Hologram.. how expensive would that be? Probably be projected onto a wall or something. If it was a hologram, I doubt it would be in colour.. I haven't seen any colour holograms.

I did hear a while ago that there were some plans for a system with 4 projectors, each one facing a wall, literally putting you in the centre of the game. There were problems with keeping them in sync and all the controls were monitored by a small device in the ceiling that wasn't too reliable.Somehow I think a hologram would be unlikely any time soon. You just wouldn't be able to get the quality or size of the image unless you were Bill Gates. Still, it may happen in the future.

That would be very amazing, to have the game projected around or in front of you.. very nice catch on the quote. I wonder if it would just be like 2D projection, and how would the graphics be? I hope we aren't going to go back to the old 8 bit days without color just because we've found a new way to play.. :)

That would be pretty cool. Imagine the whole wall in front of you a video game. It could give you more of a real life feeling. lol They could give you 3d goggles like they do in the IMAX theaters and when things fly at you you will jump back and stuff. lol I don't know but I would realy like to see what they are talking about. Can't wait :)

That sounds insane, projections from a 4 walled room, *goes clears out his basement* I guess that would sure make the revolution like first for this console war. But the 'point' of the revolution was to get casual games hooked to nintendo right? Would casual games have a empty 4 sided wall to have all this stuff set up?

What I think that he means by that is realistically he wants to design a television to go along with one of his systems that would be a different shape, size or just a complete TV with the system built in.I think the last paragraph was him just saying what he wishes gaming will be like in the very distance future.

That would be very amazing, to have the game projected around or in front of you.. very nice catch on the quote. I wonder if it would just be like 2D projection, and how would the graphics be? I hope we aren't going to go back to the old 8 bit days without color just because we've found a new way to play.. :(

219154[/snapback]

That's a good idea! All they'd need is to make a character where each eye is a camera in the 3D space. Each camera will be outputted to a projector with a polarized lens (of course the polarizations will be perpendicular). The glasses have to also be polarized in the same way. Then, you'd have some 3D gaming! Another feature would be for it to watch where your eyes are located so the eyes can change accordingly to give the best 3D experience. However, you'd need to have some huge processing power I think to take care of all those operations... I still think it's a great idea if anyone's up to the task. :(