xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2006 Starting Off On A Bad Note

Well with whats been Happening in the last 5 years and 2001, 2004 amd 2005 being the worst years of mankind people where hoping that 2006 would start on a good note, well. I guess the Tsunami was the stepping stone of the worse stuff to happen to people around the world.12 dead in the mine collapse5 dead in the roof collapse at the german ice rinkindonesian landslide unkown body countcalifornia storms ( believe several are dead)Well hopefully good news happens in the coming months cuz im getting worried about my own safety with what people are doing these days.

There are also huge brush fires at the top of Texas that have been burning for over a week and have killed at least five people and destroyed hundreds of homes. I'm not sure why it always seems like when there are big fires like this (usually in California) there are floods going on somewhere else. Right now it's backwards.

well i cant say this is the sign of the end of the world, but those sure are some bad things to happen. this century so far has been filled with the face of bush, starting wars, and hurricanes destroying places. thank god i live in new york. almost nothing happens there that actually makes the worldwide news. the only thing that happened recently in new york is the transit strike. but that was in 2005. im still hoping that 2006 turns out better than expected!

The events that have currently taken place surely are tragic, but we cannot forget the fact that more things happen than what we just hear from the news and media. There are so many things that occur every day that in some cases are far more tragic than the things that we are accustomed to hearing, yet never seem to make it on the news. What I'm trying to say is that no matter what year it is, bad things are always going to happen. I don't think that having the attitude of believing that the world is slowly coming to an end and is full of chaos is the right attitude to have. I think that we have to take things as they come, and accept them. Let's focus on the positives in life over the negatives. If you have a negative attitude, then you will always see the negatives in no matter what it be that you are looking or thinking about. So let's hope to see much good in 2006, instead of hoping for little bad. By the way, this post isn't directly being stated at someone, this is just the way that I feel that some people tend to be nowadays. Interesting topic! Thanks for it and I hope to see ya somewhere in the near future once again!

Yes, we are having quite the time aren't we? What with the natural disasters and stuff. I believe that it is a way of God letting us know that we are sinful and that He is withdrawing His presence. Others would argue, but.... Another thing is that we seem to be having a problem with global warming as well. Has anyone noticed? It causes severe droughts in summer and then every other winter or so, you get really bad snow and ice and cold.Of course, we have to realize that some people would say that all these natural disasters are a way to solve world population problems and hope a big one will hit in China or something. Doesn't seem very nice to me though. But you are right, hopefully things will be better and 2006 will be a big success. Thanks for the topic. It's a dandy :)

Yeah i get what you mean because i live in England and there are terrorists everywhere. Before i would never get on a bus i would walk everywhere and (im not being racist) but i try my best to stay away from people that look like terrorists and people that have carrier bags because it is easy for them to just drop it and there you are a BOMB!!

Yes bad things happen and its really no different to things that have happened every other year, but its how we react to these things that make the difference. Take for example the tsunami around this time last year, Dec 26 I think it was. The people affected seem to have bounced back remarkably, with businesses reopening very soon afterwards trying to continue as normal. This is the type of resolve we all should have to manage these disasters.As for terrorist activity, living in dire fear of them is exactly what they want, live your life like this and they have won. Sure certain precautions should be taken, but don't fear a person just because they 'look' like a terrorist. This then becomes racism and that is something as an international community we all need to avoid.Try to focus on the good things that happen rather than the bad things and your life will be much more enjoyable.

Hmmm... yeah, I dunno... My Dad reckons the end is coming soon-ish, and I can definately see where he's coming from. Jesus says alot about what's going to happen in the Bible (don't know exact references, just Google it) but God definately isn't withdrawing his presence. He's always with us, says he won't desert his sheep (John 10) and everything.I think in one of the Biblical end of the world passage there is specific references to Earthquakes... That was a hard-hitting thing for me after the tsunamis occured at the end of 2004.But yeah, we had a record high temperature in Wollongong (South of Sydney, Australia). 44 degrees celcius isn't the most pleasant start to the new year :P all the best for 2006! :)

Of course, we have to realize that some people would say that all these natural disasters are a way to solve world population problems and hope a big one will hit in China or something.

218563[/snapback]

Haha.. I've been known to say stuff like that XD (Although I dont really mean it ^^; )

Mmm.. we were talking about all the disasters at work last night, but.. then someone brought up all the stupid accidents caused by people lacking common sense, and we decided those were more scary than natural disasters.

But.. maybe 2006 will be alright, afterall. ^^

Ya things aren't looking to good to start of the year. This is day six of 2006 and we already have had many disasters. Hopefully things will all turn around to bring fun and joy to everyone around the world. I think they will soon. Hopefully there won't be as bad of a hurricane season this year, and people will reach their goals. Everything is bound to turn around if you keep your good hopes up high and put all the bad things behind you.

I think everything man has done to the planet: greenhouse gases, other pollution, nuclear tests, strip mining, deforestation, etc. has been adding up bit by bit. The cumulative effect of all of this is doing a lot of damage to the planet. The ocean temperatures are a bit higher in hurricane zones, which doesn't mean there will be more hurricanes than before, but the ones we do have will be more severe on the average. Around Europe, there are more pollutants flowing into the ocean, which jellyfish happen to like. So now there is a population explosion of jellyfish around European beaches. People are getting injured by these things. And they are impacting the area tourist money coming in. The rivers, lakes and oceans have been overfished for years, and commercial fishing doesn't seem to be slowing down. In fact, they're now dragging heavy nets over the ocean floor to try to get every last fish out of the ocean that they can. And those nets are damaging the coral on the bottom that sea life uses as a home. A lot of things are being caught and dying in the nets that the fishermen don't even have a market for or want.Thinking positive is not enough. If you want things to get better, you have to try to do something about it. Don't litter, recycle, buy recycled products, turn down the thermostat a little in winter, and up a little in summer, stuff like that. And sign petitions, you can even find them online, to protect the environment. Anything you can do adds up, so every little bit helps.