xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

How Do I Firewall My External Hard Drive

well I just got my external hard drive to clean up some space on the computer that I am using im just wondering what steps do I need to used to protect my EHDD (External HarD Drive) like for firewall protection, anitvirus and other things?

If you have an antivirus software or firewall installed on your current computer that you will use to connect to your external harddrive, the data transferred into your external harddrive will automatically be protected by the antivirus and firewall software. There isn't any extra steps to install into your external harddrive to protect it. It works the same way as a flash drive, except that your external harddisk contains more storage space. You don't install another anti-virus software or something into your flash drive, don't you? :DAnd also remember to disconnect your external harddrive if not in use to prevent excess memory being used for that connection. In another way, it's still safer logically to disconnect if you are not using it. Apart, it saves power too.. :D

Hard drives be it as internal or external are just a part of a system, in that system is where you need to install the protections such as firewall or antivirus, once that system is protected then the drives that you will be connecting to it will be automatically protected too.

ok, thats what i was thinking but wanted to make sure I was right about it or just to see if any added measures would have need to be taken.

external drive antivirus

How Do I Firewall My External Hard Drive

I would like to know if it is possible to install an antivirus in my external drive because I might plug it in another computer that doesn't have an update or reliable,even that has virus. Then I wanna know if I can install an antivirus in order to protect my EHDD wherever I plug(internet, personal pc or internet cafe).I have heard that I can install a software that will aloow me to install an antivirus...So wanna know if possible.

-question by olivier