xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

Linking To Mp3's

There are many sites which offers free downloads of mp3 songs....Can i give a direct link to those mp3's ? i wont upload them on my site but just give link to them...for example i can write on my site "Download Song" and give link to that mp3 file , please give me advice since i dont want to do anything which is not allowed.

the answer is no since most mp3 sites have illegal music downloads to begin with, it breaks our TOS and rules and your account will be termintated if your site has this info on it.

Anyway, those sites that host illegal mp3 usually replace them with new albums periodically, so if you hotlink those files, you?ll discover that they had dissapeared soon.Maybe you could put just a link to the site, not to an especific mp3 or record. But I don?t know if this breaks the TOS also... probably it does.

Unless the mp3s you are linking to your website is not copyrighted or have permission to share with others freely, any means of providing/delivering copyrighted material using Xisto's service (forum or hosting) is against Xisto's TOS.

For further reading on what is copyrighted, check this thread http://forums.xisto.com/topic/24076-copyright-protection-what-iscopyright-protection/

yeah. copyrights are strict. if the music is copyrighted and you put it on your site, it's just like stealing. and its also good to register with the U.S Copyright Office just in case your site becomes a major addtction. :D

Anyway .. how about own song ?example :some people make his music group and want to share their own music using mp3 to others.may be they host their mp3 music at other web like rapidshare or other?but if they want to share copyrighted music i think this is restrict and unallowed

Anyway .. how about own song ?

example :

some people make his music group and want to share their own music using mp3 to others.may be they host their mp3 music at other web like rapidshare or other?

but if they want to share copyrighted music i think this is restrict and unallowed

218416[/snapback]

I was wondering about this as well. I have a few mp3's and videos that I made myself and would like to be able to share then. I guess I am not allowed to upload them to Xisto, but would it be okay if I found another place to host the files and link them from my Xisto site.(Any suggestions where I might be able to host these somewhat large files (20mb) for free and without ads)