xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hellRAISER666

Wow Private Server

Does your server keep up to date with the patches at least to the best of your ability? Like will u eventually be using 1.9? Are there any major differences between the official server and yours, such as faster leveling?

ya no if theres one thing in this messed up country that is EXTREAMLY over rated and dumb its world of warcraft. everyone knows of it but only 12 year old kids with no life or friends play it what ever happened to the nice classic games like super mario bros or maybe a little more recent warcraft3 like whenever im playing warcraft3 there like oh ur playing world of warcraft thats usually the point were i hang up and/or slap them in the face.

HA HA HA, Super marios is a more immature game than World of Warcraft, and surely if it is such a poor and badly made game then how come it is the largest played of its genre?

Indeed, the world proved you wrong.

HA HA HA, Super marios is a more immature game than World of Warcraft, and surely if it is such a poor and badly made game then how come it is the largest played of its genre?

Indeed, the world proved you wrong.

He was making a point as to the immature little kids that play the game, Super Mario. That game is addicting though.

Anyways, yeah, private servers are illegal, yet, I know plenty that haven't been shut down yet. Especially the World of Warcraft ones. Which is pretty stupid how they say "Oh no, private servers are illegal, your screwed if you make one. We'll sue you. Yay. :) " and yet no action taken. Are they too busy to take care of it? Heck, theres a friggin top 100 list of World of Warcraft Private Servers! Reporting them to the police is simple as 1, 2, and 3. Access your email (1), type in information (2), click send (3). Anyone feel free to comment.

:)
Edited by Ryku650 (see edit history)

He was making a point as to the immature little kids that play the game, Super Mario. That game is addicting though.
Anyways, yeah, private servers are illegal, yet, I know plenty that haven't been shut down yet. Especially the World of Warcraft ones. Which is pretty stupid how they say "Oh no, private servers are illegal, your screwed if you make one. We'll sue you. Yay. :) " and yet no action taken. Are they too busy to take care of it? Heck, theres a friggin top 100 list of World of Warcraft Private Servers! Reporting them to the police is simple as 1, 2, and 3. Access your email (1), type in information (2), click send (3). Anyone feel free to comment.

:)

Your reply proof nothing and Activision Blizzard is taking against hosts that provide servers for WoW private servers slowly and reporting to police is useless as not all country have a cyber criminal department as well as no written laws against illegal servers.

Knock it off! It is frigging illegal! If you want to host a server for a game than make the game yourself! You are a complete jerk, how would you like it if I decided to live in your house or something like that? It's the same thing! Just stop it!

i for one think that after paying 30.00 for a game that doesnt even offer offline play is wrong, the one i bought had been tampered with and i didnt even have a valid 30 day serial number... at least i can play mario without internet when my bills get to high and i cant pay the dsl bill

Question of ethicsWow Private Server

Is Blizzard really hurting from the onsey twosey private servers out there? Probly not. As long as the privateers aren't trying to make a direct profit from blizzards work, then where is the real problem?

Whats the problem with people wanting to play WOW on their terms? Every server that is set up is ran from a valid copy of wow with some type of database that emulates Big Blizzard. And at some point those users have to update and do all that high-speed stuff. Blizzard is still making thier money, and if they were smart would use this as free development.

Point is, quit complaining about breaking rules. People will always bend and push to see what they can do. So just go with. How about Blizzard opens up and adds a power user or personal GM service for some extra coin. Then we could all be happy? Probly not, but lets remember this whole gaming industry is based on what the gamers want not the companies making the games. When gamers want more, they take it.

-reply by frank the tank

Its against their TOS, however the platform is notWow Private Server

Its a grey area. Yes, its against their TOS, because you actually modify core files in your client (Well, not really a core file, but their realmlist, which points you to the database server that lets you select your realm..) And the Databases that are used (for the items, NPCs, etc..) are built from scratch

However, its interesting that MOST of the Server platforms are built off of open source technology. Using MangOS as an example, they designed their server platform to be universal. You can (with the right knowledge) build a game from scratch, as well as a client. Its the end user that uses it for WoW, or whatever game they want to host.

So in a sense, a private gaming server isn't illegal, its what the host uses the server for.

-reply by Mike

I can not access the site, is there any problem with it ? I don't like EXP : VERY HIGH, 'cos some Private Servers like this won't be online long, so you'll never be 70lvl or higer :) Fun Servers are the best, and i play on them all the time when i play World of WarCraft :D

I JUST purchased world of warcraft this past Saturday.  Sunday Afternoon I log in to play and find my account banned.  Yeup.. I didn't even log in.. Awesome.  So I paid for the full game and 3 months subscription plan and BOOM on the first day... Banned.  For WHAT? According to the email they sent me I am a Gold spammer.  Yeah. That's right, me.  So I was able to at least get the game installed on my computer and the money taken out of my account.  That's as far as I got. They told me the name of the character (which I did not recognize) and the server I was supposedly doing this on (which I never heard of).  How.. How was I gold spamming when I didn't even play the friggin' game yet?!  Obviously hacked or something.  But I'm permanently banned.  Nice I don't get my money back.  So you can now bet I WILL be looking into the private servers.  I hope they do find me and sue me because I have a nice little counter-claim waiting for them.  Besides I don't find the first 3 months as "stealing" from them since I already paid.  They're the ones that have stolen from me!