xisto Community
semeticsister

Harry Potter 6 Spoilers! Warning: Harry Potter 6 Spoilers

Yesterday, I was re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and I have deduced that Snape's allegiences indeed lie with the Order of the Phoenix. Here is why:

At the top of the Astronomy Tower near the end of the book, Dumbledore admits to Malfoy that he knew about the mission Voldemort entrusted to Malfoy. However, he knew that Malfoy is not a murderer and therefore would not kill dumbledore, so he asked snape to kill dumbledore instead so that Malfoy would not be killed by Voldemort. Coincidentally, Snape had made an unbreakable vow to Narcissa Malfoy to do the job. So Dumbledore knew all along that snape was going to kill him, so that Voldemort would spare Draco's life. So you see, Dumbledore died to save a student.

Any other theories for this?

Notice from KuBi:
Spoilers hidden. If you want to read it just highlight the text. Title changed to something less spoiling.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

Ya I believe you are correct. Plus I think that because Snape is supposedly working undercover for both sides, but hopefully is reallyl working for Dumbledore, he had to act as though he was helping out Voldemort because otherwise they would find that Snape really was helping Dumbledore. So he really could still be good.

i was so angry at dumbledore dieing first black now dumbledore, I bet that sirius black will return in the next installment..the latest book was an amazing read even thought it was spolied to me by like 5 of my friends >.<

even though this is a grest series please, if jk brought back dumbledore you think mayne his parents are in hiding and are waiting for harry to become strong enough so all three of them can beat voldamort.anyways hes not innocent he killed dumbledore to save his own life and in the final showdown harry will finish him off and then goes on to killing voldemort but to do it he uses all the powe he has and thus dying himself.

And you know that Dumbledore was going to die anyway, right? The fight with Voldermort that left his hand sort of decaying- I think he was actually dead from the beginning of the book, sort of.It also goes back to the first book, if you remember, one of the first things that Snape was talking about in his class was how potions could give you fame and 'put a stopper on death'... We'll find out in the next book that Snape was actually keeping Dumbledore alive in most of book 6- just long enough to teach Harry what he needs to do in book 7.

in the latest harry potter books, everybody keeps dying. somebody is probably gonna die in the 7th book. harry potter only got good starting with the 4th book, where all the really wierd things have started happening. so far i love the harry potter series and will keep reading it. i already have all 6 books (only 6th is hardcover) and i dont think im gonna sell them any time soon.

You guys got it all wrong! When Snape said that you could "put a stopper on death", he just meant that as a metaphor for making a potion that can kill you, thus the "stopper" part. (FYI, a stopper is a thing you stick in the top of the bottle, sort of like a cork). So

I never look at it that way either.I think Snape is bad. Didn't he even say...he had been in the school to make dumbledore trust him. Ah well, everything was all (for snape) pointing to the direction that he should kill dumbledore esp with the return of the Dark Lord. He was probably bound to be killed by the Dark Lord, if he didn't kill dumbledore coz then he wouldn't have an excuse for being a betrayer.

Yeah that may really be correct since all along Snape has been portrayed as a bad person because that is what Harry thinks. However, it would make sense that he really isnt then. Good point.

Snape is bad! I thought at first he's not because he helped out Harry with occlumency in book 5 and that he's only bad to Harry because of his anger to James Potter but now I think he really is a villain. Now that Dumbledore is dead I'm not sure who Harry's father figure would be, maybe Lupin, maybe even Snape after he redeemed himself.

Darn, I was going to give the same link. But I did enjoy reading it, and I knew all along that Snape was always innocent. After all, he just *likes* to torture Harry... Snape is my favorite character!

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that Snape would be fully bad working for Voldemort. I have a feeling though, Harry will probably chase him down and kill him, but find out he was good too late.