xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mystmag

Nintendo Revolution? Is it going to be any good?

I have heard all this commotion about Microsoft's XBOX 360, or Sony's PlayStation 3, however I haven't heard ANY commotion about Nintendo's Revolution. The only thing that I have heard is that it's going to have a revolutionary new form of controller that only one hand uses unless you have a joystick plugged in. I am really skeptical on how that would actually end up working...I have been customed to the two-hand controllers...Mind you that I am not planning on purchasing the Nintendo Revolution under any circumstances, however I really think that it would not be an asset to any family room or gaming room. Honestly, my perspective on the Nintendo Revolution is not highly whatsoever, so I believe that the sales of the Nintendo Revolution will not be as high as other gaming systems that Nintendo released, such as the NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, or Nintendo DS. Out of all of Nintendo's line-up, I believe that the Nintendo DS with Wi-Fi Connection is the greatest deal. But why would they go and do a drastic move like make a controller for the newest gaming system for the next generation that is only used by one hand? Many people now know that when someone says "stop playing video games", they are referring to the gaming systems where two hands access all controls, such as the controller for the Nintendo GameCube. People thought that the Nintendo GameCube controller was revolutionary, because of the new layout of the keys.Can I have your views on the Nintendo Revolution?StephenP.S. Sorry, Nintendo, for being so strong against the Revolution! Don't Sue! XD

I have heard all this commotion about Microsoft's XBOX 360, or Sony's PlayStation 3, however I haven't heard ANY commotion about Nintendo's Revolution. The only thing that I have heard is that it's going to have a revolutionary new form of controller that only one hand uses unless you have a joystick plugged in. I am really skeptical on how that would actually end up working...I have been customed to the two-hand controllers...

Mind you that I am not planning on purchasing the Nintendo Revolution under any circumstances, however I really think that it would not be an asset to any family room or gaming room. Honestly, my perspective on the Nintendo Revolution is not highly whatsoever, so I believe that the sales of the Nintendo Revolution will not be as high as other gaming systems that Nintendo released, such as the NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, or Nintendo DS. Out of all of Nintendo's line-up, I believe that the Nintendo DS with Wi-Fi Connection is the greatest deal. But why would they go and do a drastic move like make a controller for the newest gaming system for the next generation that is only used by one hand? Many people now know that when someone says "stop playing video games", they are referring to the gaming systems where two hands access all controls, such as the controller for the Nintendo GameCube. People thought that the Nintendo GameCube controller was revolutionary, because of the new layout of the keys.

Can I have your views on the Nintendo Revolution?

Stephen

P.S. Sorry, Nintendo, for being so strong against the Revolution! Don't Sue! XD

217992[/snapback]

well,usually the nintendo fanboys arent as stupid as the PS3 fanboys.

more power! more graphix!!

if you take a look in the past nintendo innovated 90% of what made [analog joystick, rumble pad, etc]

personally, i love nintendo, i bought a DS just for trauma center :D

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo would keep GCN's controller (you say revolutionary?) because you know how many people hated the layout? "It's like Fisher Prices 'My first controller'! Look at the big red button!!! roflmao!!!11"But yes, Nintendo has changed gaming for the better so many times in the past, I am just hoping this one doesn't change it. But really, the main reasons why people love this besides the controller, free wifi, and downloadable games. I mean thats just freaken awsome.Aswell, we know about the controller being revolutionary, but we haven't even heard about the actually system. The gamecube for example was different from the xbox or ps2 due to the disc being put in from the top aside from a disc tray that ejects. We can only hope that Nintendo will make the actual system just as amazing and innovated as the controller sounds.

I actually think Nintendo's new console may be pretty cool. They have been going down the shitter as of late, but I think they have promise. The new controller looks interesting, and may cause more attention to the console, which gamecube never had. IMO, the biggest problem of Nintendo's is not having the game manufactuer's support, and not have any big name games. Sony has Square and a lot of other big names, while XBox has Bungie and stuff... but Nintendo has... nothing? I think with the new controller companies may be willing to make great games for it, because it offers something new. But then it always goes down to if the users will buy it. Generally, people don't like THAT big of change, so maybe no one will want it... who knows...

I think the nintendo revolution is pretty cool. You can play all of the nintendo series games. I think most people who are low on financial will buy this. Because I saw the xbox 360, and the price is rediculous. It cost as much as a computer for a pack 600-800$ or something I forgot. So yeah does anyone agree with me on this one?

Can't say nintendo had NO games, they had alot of rights to sega and they only have the rights to their own games, plus they had resident evil for a while and alot of games came out for all three systems, not many games come out only on xbox and playstation, if they would come out on multiple consoles they went on all three.

Also this new controller will be awesome I think, u can turn it sideways for a normal controller maybe jack other controllers into it, use shells to make it a normal controller, jack joysticks into it, jack it into drums for Donkey Kong lol. It depends on the game for how you use it. Fishing u use it like a rod, swordfighting u use it like a sword... hopefull u use it normally for Super Smash Bros Revolution. You can probably go into the options on every game and specify how u want to use it. Plus u can use it like a gun for shooters with a trigger like a gun trigger... how cool is that?

For the console, I think it is about as small as a dvd case almost, it looks like one.

lol take a look at this... small huh?

Compared Size to xbox and playstation

i would have to say im a strong supporter of the revolution, i can't wait till it comes out, being able to play all the old games on it, wow thats gonna be cool, i mean playing games like Fire Emblem, Zelda, Super Mario, Donkey Kong, That is whats most appealing to me, plus its got free online gaming, im not sure about the other systems if they have that feature, but that will be supa

Of course you won't hear much about the Revolution, because Sony and Microsoft have more users and fanboys, so that will create more hype. Now, this can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. Nintendo may lose a bit of money in the process but they also will not be sold out on much so it won't be as scarce as the Xbox 360.Don't get me wrong, Nintendo Revolution may turn out to be the top console of the next-gen systems. And, as someone has already mentioned they are the best innovaters of any console manufacturer. Rumble packs, anolog sticks, wireless controllers, the vast majority of things on the controllers. Who knows, maybe the two different pieces as a controller will catch on.Personally, I think that this controller seems very great, and as I mentioned, is very innovative. I think that the idea is very good for just sitting down and playing, and will be very great for Nintendo's target audience, which is very dominant of casual players. It also looks like fun to use the censors for all the different games, twisting and turning the controller. the only problem is it's not that great of a controller for anybody that is serious about competitive gaming. I just can't imagine people playing Super Smash Brothers: Melee with these controllers, the regular ones might be good enough for that.Also, as usual, with Nintendo products you will get some great classics and really great games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Final Fantasy, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario, and the list goes on. A big plus with games on this console will be the downloadable games. Downloading any game you want (some will be free if I remeber correctly) and then owning it will be a big plus because who wants to get up to buy video games anyway :P.Also, the one bad thing about liking Nintendo is that it is flamed alot by people who just assume it is bad, and don't do any research. But, that's just something that bugs me personally :)

Do not worry about the Nintendo revolution game support!Plenty of developers will create games to revolution, and are very positive to the revolution controller, especially Electronic Arts (EA), and do not forget that they are the biggest Game creator company in the world...I am sure the revolution controller will be used well and that we will get many good (especially FPS and Strategy, wich before only was possible, ok, acceptable on PC) games to the revolution.I do not care if we get PS3 or gamecube graphics: THINK ABOUT THE CONTROLLER!Just wait... and you will see... :)