xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Is 21 Y.o. Old? Is 21 year of age considered old?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm 14 and I feel old! If I tell my dad that, then he'll tell me "Old? You're not old!" He has this thing - the two words he hates the most are 'middle-aged' (directly related to this topic) and 'orthodontist' (unrelated side note; hates them because they want a ton of $$$$).

When I was 14 and still in high school. I had to balance school work, extra cirricular activities (ie Basketball and other sports), and just getting out there by getting a first job (paper delivery). It was interesting and was a self-teaching method of how to manage your money. Even if the income is pretty low at the time.

21 years old is not old, but it is old enough to decide for yourself. You are legal enough to chose your what to do in your life, but decide with intellect. Do what other persons your age are doing, do not be in a hurry to grow up or grow old. everything has its time. Because by the time you reach the real old age you will tell your self that you have not enjoyed your youth because you are in a such hurry to be an adult.

Dude, i can just imagine you at your 40th. Checking every crevice of your body for age spots, white hairs, the random wrinkle that won't go away. lol. No, 21 isn't old. 21 is the perfect age. heck, you can buy beer and make yourself feel young all over again as you stumble through the streets in a drunked stupor.

21 isn't old at all... for me it's not how long you live but how you face it that's what makes you old or not. :)at 21 there are people that act like they have 80 years, others that act like 40 and other that like like 12 lol it's pretty much what you make of it... :)about responsabilities it's life... you have to get the hold of the all of your life. that means being responsable, or else it's gonna be rought. But that child never disappears. it's always there when you open the door to that childdish feeling you have inside of you...don't worry... be happy :D

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)

its quite funny, when you're a young kid you can't wait to turn 21, once you get there you realize how much easier life was as a kid. To answer the question 21 is not old, 35+ is old. But 21 is the peak of your life, it all goes downhill from there, and you end up turning into your parents even though you swore to yourself you never would. You know why? because your parents were right all along.

I dont know, I know that deep inside the Kid inside of me is the one that rules, but is 21 years of age old? Well I dont know, maybe its just all relative. I still feel fresh and all, I am flexible etc. I dont have a single white hair, or marked wrinkles, but the fact that I am not a teen or anything else but an adult is what scares me. At the beginning I kind of felt like a kid playing to be an adult, but suddenly all these responsibilitys are coming and stuff that make me act more like an adult and I feel that the kid Inside me Is going to die or something and I will end up being a lame working adult where you cant run as fast, jump, be creative, spontaneous, worrying about what you eat, having to wear suits all the time etc.

Well whatever, what do you guys think about age. Has the kid inside of the adults been destroyed? What is it like further down the road?

Sorry if this comment offends anybody or is in the wrong forum, or if it doesnt make any sense. :)

1. No, 21 years of age is not old. But you are an adult.

2. Be realistic. That's the miracle of life. Moving from childhood to teenager then adult and at last elder. See the nature. See the plants and how a seed is dying in the soil to become a whole new plant.

3. Be optimistic. The responsibilities is not bad.

4. You still can ran or jump if you want.

5. You can be creative more than before. You will start work, supervise some other, advice other, teach comete, solve problems love opposite sex and produce the next generation . You will show your talent and creativity.

6. You not have to ware suit all time as you think or never .

But 21 is the peak of your life, it all goes downhill from there

that's a scary thought :)

perhaps it will be true but even so i'll make it my own way... :D

You can be creative more than before. You will start work, supervise some other, advice other, teach comete, solve problems love opposite sex and produce the next generation . You will show your talent and creativity.

i really hope that becomes true :) great post kasm...

I hope i can really help the world with my creativity and my tiny capabilities :D for that i'll try... :D

cheers

I'm 21 years old and confused. Currently a 2nd yr College Student I feel like the confidence and energy and happiness I had before is going away .. I act a lil different. I also get more angry and more emotional and I feel like I was more centered and like "I'm the " kind of person before. I get more less angry outside but more angry inside and more emotional and I hate that. Before I was able to show off my anger and now I feel like I'm holding it off inside before of all the I need. And then sometimes I feel like all these idiots because they put on act and act fake , talk more and think less , and should be executed from this world. And then I think that hopefully not the whole world is like that. ing idiots. .. . So I think like that sometimes other then that its good to be going to the clubs legally even tho sneaking in to them was better. Sometimes we try to sneak in just to feel like before.

I cant believe people think 21 is old.I turn 21 next year and I still act like a teenager.Johnny depp even said his a kid still and hes like 44 or somethingParis says she lives like a 17 year oldIn aussie 18 is the age maturity comes and responsibilities but I don't think you grow up until you want to -reply by watev

I am 20, 21 next year

Is 21 Y.o. Old?

I turn 21 July next year. I have noticed that my face has changed quite a lot all of a sudden this year since I have turned 20. My favourite age was 17, I do a lot of bike riding as I love the thrill from it, but I am becoming really hairy and I feel that my youth is slowing slipping away.

I am into mountain biking, I love it, keeps the heart and lungs strong, but I am going to hate it when I turn 25, I am going to have a mental breakdown.

Help

-reply by Mark

I turn 21 next year as Well. I loved being 17.17 WAS AWESOME, It was the height of my youth, and it was also at the age that I discovered mountain biking. I am going to live to 100, ONLY BECAUSE I want to go to SPACE. I am going to look like a wrinkled of prune when I am that age.I wanna travel the world.I have noticed that since I have turned 20 I have dramtically changed in facial features. It sucks. I am scared when I hit 25 I am going to have a mental breakdown.Help.

21 help

Is 21 Y.o. Old?

I turn 21 next year as Well. I loved being 17.

17 WAS AWESOME, It was the height of my youth, and it was also at the age that I discovered mountain biking.

I am going to live to 100, ONLY BECAUSE I want to go to outer SPACE. I am going to look like a wrinkled of prune when I am that age.

I wanna travel the world.

I have noticed that since I have turned 20 I have dramtically changed in facial features. It sucks.

I am scared when I hit 25 I am going to have a mental breakdown.

Help.

-reply by Mark

I know what you mean. When I outgrew my teenage years, I was at a loss and really worried about what the future holds for me. Once I outgrow teenhood, it just becomes more pressing for me to take on greater responsibility for my own life. But after I got a stable job and realized it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, I feel less worried and I'm now back to enjoying life the way I did in my teens, rather than worrying about it. I'm 22 by the way. Take things easy and life will work out itself. And don't ruin your life by being in too much of a hurry to grow up. Just enjoy it the way you did!