xisto Community
hulunes

Do You Wear Glasses? how do you feel?

yeah...hello,every computer users,who are focusing your eye on display.what's your eyesight ,not bad or not good?because we use computer everyday and frequently,our eyesight must decline gradually.however,it is not the most reason for you if you are in glasses since a child without computer...to me,although i have a good eyesignt,i still cherish the optimum status for my eye.so i use LCD as the output instrument.i have always protected my eyes carefully since a child.but some times i feel that it is cool when wearing a glasses including sun/blach glasses :D.maybe i am so lucky,because in my class consisted with 30 students,there are only 2 guys dont wear glasses(i am in).i dont know why so amounts of classmates in a bad eyesight:reading with bad pose,obsessed in pc game or other odd reasons.do you wear glasses now? (by the way,i just noticed that this is my 800th posts :lol)

Yeap I do wear glasses. Started wearing since about 10 years old. I think it was because I kept reading books with dimmed lights that made me started to wear glasses. The degrees are increasing by the years since I've started using computers too..I'm not sure but I somehow discovered that girls prefer guys without glasses. Glasses somehow make someone look nerdy, especially those with frames. Frameless glasses make someone look more like doctors. :D But between glasses and contact lenses, I'll still prefer glasses because I wouldn't want to take the time and hassle to put on contact lenses. They are somehow more dangerous too if not handled properly..Yep.. So that's what and how I think... :D

About seven years ago, I started getting headaches towards the end of the day and whenever I did a lot of readng, so in to the Eye Doctor and wouldn't you know that he prescribed reading glasses for when my eyes got sore. It took away the headaches, for sure, but now, seven years later, my eyes are weaker than ever I think because of wearing the reading glasses. Now I have about 5 pairs scattered all over the pace. One on my Computer Desk, a pair in the truck, one in my coat pocket and usually one on my face, too. Of course, I am *cough* older than the average member here, so I guess my eyes and the muscles controlling them are just tired. Gets that way after the first couple of decades past your adolescence. I work Construction, so with all the dust and stuff, Contacts are out, besides, my vision is perfect from across the room or down a road, it is just that my arms are too short to hold a newspaper far enough away. As for whether the ladies are attracted to men with or without glasses, it really doesn't matter once you are my age...

Only two guys out of 30 without glasses in your class? That?s a terrible statistic, I see there will be nobody without glasses in some years :D By the way, the fact of needing glasses is not only a question of reading or using computers a lot. I think there?s much more of a genetical component. I know people that are constantly playing videogames and surfing the Internet and they have better eye-health than me. :D damm...I realized that I needed glasses when I started having trouble in class to read teachers exercises (in high school). Soon I noticed that I didn?t see clear enough and things were a bit blurred at a distance. At the moment I can live with this, maybe if it increases I will think about surgery.I do wear glasses and I don?t think girls prefer boys without them. There are also fashionable glasses and in the last years looking nerdy it?s not so bad. By the way I wear black framed glasses, and I am not a computing fanatic. :( I had another more common but I decided to change my look a bit about two months ago.

i started having vision problems when i was in 3rd grade. i always had to sit in the back of the class for some reason so i always had to go up to the front and sit a few inches away from the board to see what the teacher was writing. i think she finally got annoyed with me doing that and said i needed glasses. since i was just a little naive kid then, everything was always blurry but i didnt think anything was really wrong, until we did our semi-annual school checkups at the nurse's office. my mom said that the school kept sending home notices that i needed to go to an optometrist to do something about my vision. but of course, i didnt think anything of it and didnt say anything about my vision being blurry so she didnt think anything of it either and just threw them away with other junk mail. until another notice came saying something like 'if you don't get your daughter to a doctor, the school will take legal action'. well that scared my mom and she asked me about. it i told her and we went to the doctor that day to get glasses. i wear contacts now and have been since 7th grade. i look better with them than i do with glasses but they can be a big hassle and irritate my eye so they're really not all that great. my glasses make me look nerdy so i'm thinking of finding some better looking ones that i can wear to school so i dont have to deal with contacts every morning when my eyes are barely open since i'm still half asleep

HeyI have worn glasses for many years.I don't like them especially since I started wering contact lenses.The thing is...with glasses, when I try them in the shops, they always seem to look really nice on me....But then when I come home, try them again..., they never suit.Moreover, glasses are just cumbersome when I play sports and bad when it rains...all over me and my glasses.First time I wear contact lenses, I felt like I had been born again. Everything was soo bright and right. I can see so clearly without frames and everything is all the same in all angle (no need to look through glasses) :)

I used to have better than perfect vision, 20/15, but all of a sudden my acuity declined. After visiting the optometrist for my eye test, I got glasses and wore them for two years. I then had this urge to try out contact lenses, and got them. Ever since then, I have been wearing contact lenses everyday. Sometimes when they are bothering me, I put on my eye glasses.

I don't wear glasses, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to start wearing them soon. Staring at a computer monitory 6-10 hours a day isn't good.. Some times my vision goes blurry out of nowhere, and it takes 2-5 minutes for them to go clear again. I don't wear sunglasses unless I'm driving, because the sun gets in my eyes, and after around an hour of driving they start to hurt.If I have to get some type of optical correction, I'm either going to get contacts or LASIK eye surgery.. I don't know if I'll be able to afford lasik though, so most likely contacts, if I need correction, which hopefully I won't.I only know one person personally that wear glasses over contacts, and I don't know why. I think she looks better in contacts :).

eh,hunln,would you gave some advices with the protection of our eyesight and ... for our health of eyes? i'm also the one of using so much time computers ..

218408[/snapback]

:) that is easy...far away from your site managed by yourself,better away from your pc. j/k

i do adhere to do eye exersice every time after using computer or reading books.furthermore,the eyedrop is a necessary thing when eye being tired.of course some food are also good for eye,like animal liver...

I used to wear glasses. I started to wear them when I was in Grade 12. At that time I was in high school, and I was also getting my eyes tested at the licence centre. I suspected that I was slowly becoming near-sighted, as I started having problem seeing the board from the back of the class. Sure enough, when I went to try for my driver's licence the eye test revealed that I needed glasses.And I wore them up until a couple of years ago. Now I mainly wear contact lenses, although I take them off and put my glasses on again after I get home.So...in total I've worn some form of corrective lenses for almost 20 years.

When I was eight years old I weared glasses but living with my brother made them broke each month.. So I stoped wearing them and Now I see good and don't need to wear glasses..

I have used glasses during years, now alternating the use of the glasses with that of the lentillas, I put on the lentillas to leave and to be at home uses glasses poque it is more comfortable and it is better with the glasses than with the lentillas,ya that the glasses if the glass is put blurred the clean and clever, but on the other hand if a lentilla is put blurred it is very difficult to be able to throw an I liquidate in your eye so that your you can see better. in summary glasses for house and lentillas to leave.