xisto Community
moldboy

Norton Ghost 10.0

I have a few questions about norton ghost 10, after having just installed it I noticed that I am now using a lot more RAM and would like to know how to tell it not to start, because I don't use the automatic backup feature (my backup medium is not always connected) Also when first make a backup will it incude all the system files and running processes, like explorer.exe and the registry?

I have a few questions about norton ghost 10, after having just installed it I noticed that I am now using a lot more RAM and would like to know how to tell it not to start, because I don't use the automatic backup feature (my backup medium is not always connected)  Also when first make a backup will it incude all the system files and running processes, like explorer.exe and the registry?

217701[/snapback]

no i don't know but i've got also alot of troubles of norton ghost (is it that on included norton 2006)

I have been using Norton Ghost 10.0 for a couple weeks now, but I have previously been using Norton Ghost 9.0. No, I personally did not make a back-up of explorer.exe, however I believe that if you do, you will be able to have a "Recovery Console", if you will...I recently purchased my computer from Hewlett-Packard, and it came with a "Recovery Console", so I did not need to make a back up of explorer.exe. However if you computer is no longer under warranty, and is unstable, meaning the fails or restarts itself often, I would definetely attempt to make a back-up of explorer.exe. If you are unable to, I would bring it into a store such as Future Shop, and have them fix it so that you can create a backup, or backup your operating system...XDStephen

I use Norton ghost 9.I use it for 2 things : a complete image of my startup partition (like a recover CD/DVD). So I can restore my system in about 15 or 30 minutes.A backup of my data partition.You have several possibilities for doing a backup.But with some files like explorer.exe it's hard to recover your system from a failure.