xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sympatico

Intel & Amd

I prefer Intel...Even i would prefer Intel Celeron on the Amd atholon...I had a normal computer which had celeron processor and it was working very nicely..then i had to buy a laptop and i bought a packerd bell laptop with AMD processor..and it was so much making noise like a halicopter has started the flight..and other worst thing about AMD is that it get heated very much soon...its okay to work in cold places but you cant use it for long time in the hot places , i mean the countries of asia , its really big issue with AMD...but now thanks God, i have INTEL CENTRINO and i believe , although its bit expansive but its the best technology from INTEL... P.S. Every one has his own choices , that was all about me.

Intel certainly has a high amount of reputation through the years. Many companies go along with Intel for these years also. However, AMD was born to challenge Intel in terms of power of their processors. Intel processors definately works fine. AMD counters by making their processors work even faster by adding more transistors. Intel processors uses high power consumption. AMD counters by reducing the amount of power required yet producing high performance. Intel processors get hot very fast. Again, AMD counters with the low requirement of electrical power, lesser heat is generated. And because lesser heat is generated, even higher processing speeds are initiatised. Tech geeks improved by tweaking, overclocking and ultra-cooling the system for enhance and superb speeds which wins Intel processors many times. Intel processors however are much protected such that they are not very tweakable, and not overclockable. The advantage is this step is to prevent accidental error tweaks that can damage the entire processor.Therefore, in my point of view, AMD is generally faster, cooler, cheaper, and consumes lesser power than Intel processors. However Intel is generally safer, more recognised, and more stable than AMD.It all depends on the user's needs. I've haven't tried AMD. The next computer I'm getting would probably be a customised AMD for me to explore and experiment. Definately AMD will be the better choice for a gaming machine.

Well this question has been asked a lot of times...in one way or the other...Please make sure that you search the forum first before making these kind of common posts. If you are sure that a question which you are asking is so uncommon then only you can think of not searching the forums but for questions which are as common as these must be searched and then when you find them...post your opinion!
I am closing this thread & if anyone wants to put there opinion..please go to the following link :
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/24481-which-do-you-prefer-amd-or-intel/