xisto Community
Cerb

I'm Officially Addicted To Tea... Anyone else?

I recently (5 or 6 months ago) began working in a coffee shop as my first job. Among many other drinks, we serve hot teas. Many of them are loose leaf, and some are prebagged. Just recently I started trying all of the many blends we carry, and I discovered that I absolutely love the stuff. My favorites are probably the black teas with rose petals and the straight green tea. Chai is another favorite, with Kayoto cherry following very close behind. Does anyone else really enjoy tea and drink it regularly? What are your favorites? I need some stuff to try, as I am pretty new to it all. I know tea is very common in European countries, so I'd like to have some input from the people of Europe, aswell.

I've been making my own brews all day from black tea and different herbs I've found around the house. I just found some mint shavings and steeped it with the tea. Then I added a bit of vanilla extract. I think I've found my perfect tea. :D

1 just found some mint shavings and steeped it with the tea. Then I added a bit of vanilla extract.

217272[/snapback]

ooo, nice, i might try that formula, sounds very... lol wats the word???

sounds enjoyable, i never thought to add other flavours and the like, must try

I recently (5 or 6 months ago) began working in a coffee shop as my first job. Among many other drinks, we serve hot teas. Many of them are loose leaf, and some are prebagged. Just recently I started trying all of the many blends we carry, and I discovered that I absolutely love the stuff. My favorites are probably the black teas with rose petals and the straight green tea. Chai is another favorite, with Kayoto cherry following very close behind.

Does anyone else really enjoy tea and drink it regularly? What are your favorites? I need some stuff to try, as I am pretty new to it all. I know tea is very common in European countries, so I'd like to have some input from the people of Europe, aswell.

217261[/snapback]

how can u be addicted to tea so easily and personally i lik the earl gray tea and the normal ones not the other ones

i mainly get my caffeine fix from coffee. occasionally, tea... no particular preferences - just as long as it's iced. :D

My absolute favourite tea is "Sunshine Tea".A couple of tea bags in a large glass jar ( a one gallon pickle jar is perfect ) filled with tap water, placed in a sunny spot for a few hours, add a touch of sugar or Honey, and a fresh squeezed Lemon, AFTER the tea is removed from the sun, refridgerate and drink out of a tall iced glass on a hot summer day. Perfect.

Wow, Sunshine Tea sounds great. I'm going to have to try that sometime. Besides drinking copious amounts of iced tea I think my favorite kind of tea is chamomile with a little pinch of sugar. Served best on a cold winter night sitting in bed with a good book of course.

My personal favorite is hibiscus tea! It's a dark colored tea, and when you add some sugar/honey in it, it has a delightful sweat-sour taste (no lemon needed for me)! It can also be cooled down and be served as ice-tea (never tried it that way, but I just might do that soon). Good stuff!Here, in Serbia, we mostly drink chamomile tea (yellowish color, don't really like it's taste), mint tea (dark green color - very refreshing!), eglantine tea (dark red color, has a bit sour taste - love it), linden tea, elder tea (best picked when in it's final blooming stage) and white mallow tea (hate it's taste :D , but it's supposed to be very good for you). I guess that?s it :DBTW: Just drink the real stuff! Avoid "strawberry tea" or "cherry tea"! In my country, it's just some strawberry/cherry flavored herbs (and they taste awful too) packaged in a pretty box...

about tea,i drink only when need to attend a nightlong party,beacause that can sober myself long time without sleeply feeling.maybe i am young,i really dont know how to taste tea.usually i do add nothing into a cup of tea,which is so different to the coffee. :D

I usually drink tea everyday as my parents do too. I usually go for the normal tea, but sometimes I feel rather daring and go for the untraditional flavors. I also love iced tea. I always get that whenever I go to a restaurant.

Actually alot of the herbal teas are naturally caffeine free!! Green tea is one of the best for you and NO Caffeine in it!! For hundreds of years many cultures have used tea as medicines and some of them do have qualities that work just as good if not better than drugs! Just depends your intention with them Camomile tea will help put you to sleep, lavendar tea will calm you and improve a not so good mood, catnip tea has tons of vitamin C and is helpful in getting rid of a cold, plus tastes good!There is so much info online and in books about using herbal teas- just be careful if you use prescription meds as there can be reactions as a result of some, you can always ask your doctor or pharmacist. I LOVE herbs, and herbal teas and have looked into many to see what they can do for me, plus I prefer tea over coffee any day!!Since I was never a coffee guy, I never became a tea guy. I get my caffiene from Diet Pepsi, my drink of choice sicne I lost my fascination with beer.

I'm not addicted to tea since I try to avoid things with caffeen in it. Occasionall I still like to have a few chocolate candies or truffles. *mmm delicious* Two of my favorite teas however are Earl Grey, which has a lot of black tea in it. And black tea means a LOT of caffeen, so I have it very rarely in moderation. My other favorite tea is Orange ... something. I forget the second name to it. It tastes similar to Earl Grey, only it has more of a citriace taste. My third favorite tea doesn't have a lot of taste, but it is very healthy. It is Green Tea! :D The chineese use it as a medicidal hurb for improved health. The anti-oxidants are very good for people. Blue berries, beats, apples, and cranberries are also very good in anti-oxidants. For better health, people should drink Green Tea more often. :D

officially? what is there a test or something? :D , anyway I wouldn't really say additcted I usually drink tea at least once every day (don't think that constitutes and addiction, I may be wrong). just boring old Earl Gray for me non of that fancy herbal stuff I'm afraid (hey I'm just boring like that)