xisto Community
morpheus

Multiplayer - How Do I Connect Need help in joining a lan party

I'm a counter-strike condition zero multiplayer newbie. I want to play it with some friends who are on the same network. I assume I start a server using hlds.exe. But how can others connect to this server? I've googled so many times, but am not able to locate a good guide that gets me started with CS multiplayer. Please help me get started on this.

Are you using Steam or just Counter Strike 1.5? Steam is more popular now, it can be downloaded at steampowered.comOnce you've donwloaded and installed, follow the instructions to get into game. THere should be a LAN Tab at the top

If you are using steam, Then only you can make a legal server, Steam is a software from valve, that keep tracks of various servers, If you want to make a server, youi must validate from valve and download there server software, that software allows you to connect and manage ytour server, But valve validation is a must.I think that will help you.Ok Bye

Steam Engine is better than the the counter strike 1.5 one, It alows us to get connected to the multiplayer servers, without launching them from within counter strike, And this also prevents cracked or unsafe servers, Prevents piracy in the sense.