xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DynamicMan

Laser Projection Keyboard Project a keyboard on any flat surface

since you are talking about this. I heard that they are making like a little box areound 3 by 3 that shoots out a hologram computer. Its screen is a holugram and there is a keybord and your hand serves as a mouse. ANd it also can make gagantic holugrams. I dont know when they will release this i know i will get one.

A Projection Keyboard or a Computer connected "projector"? One that you can display dvd's or Presentations from when it is connected to your computer? I have one here that works great for doing both. Basically, it projects the CRT screen image onto a wall or screen. The ultimate in Big Screen TV.Ahhhh, just looked at the link you had posted, nope, not the same thing, but that does look pretty cool... let us know if you try one out... $207.00 USD. Cheap for today's toys....

Crazy but definately cool.. I believe it will be one of the coolest product for the decade of its release sales.. It saves space, certainly.. And doesn't require any maintanence for its just light beams.. It's certainly mobile..One biggest disadvantage probably is that it consumes high power..I saw it somewhere at some technology roadshows.. find it cool..

umm,from the given site i could recognize that it is the so-called Tech Virtual Keyboard. althoughly it has a cool looks and concept,it do work no very sensitively,a little awkward.lets wait for its becoming ripe...

Ya I don't really think that could work very well. It looks cool and would save space but if it senses when a key is being pushed from when your fingers move over it well what happens when you have your hand oever all the keys as if you are typing like a keyboard. I would think you would be typing words you really don't want to type. I think it is a cool concept but not for me. I would get too annoyed and probably chuck it across the room :D .

I've seen these and I have always wanted one. However, I'm guessing that these keyboards would have a large degree of error which would make it difficult to use and also tapping on a hard table would hurt after a while.

i could imagine typing like hard surface like that.. OUCH.. it would suck for your fingures. Just imagine taping on your desk for a few hours a day.. =P.. i would rather get a wireless keyboard or something. One thing i don't liek about it is that.. If you want to get into a comfortable position.. then you would have to walk up to the projector and adjust it.. but with the wireless keyboard.. you could lay on your bed and surf the internet.. =P.. that's what i'm doing right now.. Wireless keyboard + wireless mouse + computer screen next + queen size bed = heaven =P.. .It's great.. you guys should do it. .AHAHAHAand.. i wouldn't spend 200 dollars.. just for that =P. .there are better things to buy with 200 dollars.

When I first saw this I thought it would be the coolest thing ever. But, now that I think about it, it'd probably be really annoying. I think the only pluses to it would be that it's pretty much silent, and very portable.

they're always making stuff like this. if i had enough money, i would have probly already got a projector tv. i heard its really good. but in other words, i would really would have liked to have an old fasioned flat screen with HDTV any day! as for the computer, i really want one. my pc is slowing down a lot. i just ordered memory and i hope that wil help. if anyone gets one i really wanna know how it feels to use it.

since you are talking about this. I heard that they are making like a little box areound 3 by 3 that shoots out a hologram computer. Its screen is a holugram and there is a keybord and your hand serves as a mouse. ANd it also can make gagantic holugrams. I dont know when they will release this i know i will get one.

I think I've read articles about this myself, and have also gotten quite hyped up about the idea of a holographic computer and all that good science fiction stuff. However, one must realize that light cannot reflect off of air - the projector would either have to be blowing out something to reflect the image, or you would have to be in a room that was either filled with dust or full of airborn particles. I wouldn't want to have a screen that I would have to refill with microscopic pellets in order to view something.

It's not hard to imagine this virtual keyboard being buggy, since it would have to use lasers directed from a mostly horizontal angle to detect which key was being pressed. One could block the readout by putting one's finger in the way, thus having it register the press of an incorrect key. Besides, I like the feel of physical keys under my fingers - it would be tough to get used to feeling nothing but desk while tapping away (just put your fingers on a table and try it).

ehh.. i saw that little thinge. It realy is cool but only that. If you wont to have something cool for your laptop or maybe desktop buy that :D your friends will be amused. But its not usefull and i dont think you would love to type on your desk rather then on sweet keyboard.

The idea isn't for it to just be "cool"; the idea is for portability (for PDAs and such). Although, considering how inaccurate it currently is, a roll-up keyboard would be a much more productive purchase at the moment.