xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
affhotspot

How Secure Is Trap17

i recently read an article about some webhosting companies that got hacked, and lost their whole company, and all the people that had there websites on their servers lost all their files. so everything got screwed over. i know Xisto has a backup system which i think is awsome. and i know they are very reliable. but how secure is Xisto. they do have unix servers which makes me feel even safer. but is that always enough. im guessing this something the admin or the moderators can answer. i would apperciate your help.thanks for your greate hosting.

Trap17 is as secure as you make it.It is running Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)MySQL version 4.0.26-standard-logPHP version 4.4.1.This Info comes from the cpanel page. Each of these softwares will have their own security issues, of course. Be certain to have index pages on all of the subdomains, set your access permissions properly, set your Hotlinking securities, code your DB accesses correctly, in general, shutdown the loop holes as best you can and there will not be any problems.Keep backups of your coding and html/php pages on your local machine. Backup any Databases you need on a regular basis. The domain's security is looked after by the Admins, but your particular account should be managed by yourself. Use .htaccess and the other tools available on your cpanel to control what you need to to make your subdomain as secure as it needs to be. In my short time here, there has not been any security issues, and I hope there never are...

Yes Trap is very secure. When the last person tried to hack Trap never went down and his IP was banned. Make sure to password protect any directories you don't want people to have access too and make sure to have hard passwords so no one would have any chance at guessing them.