xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mature Lamb

What Is Pho?

Pho.. one of the most delicious noodle soups out there! I recommend you try it. :DI wrote this with the help of my mum with some parts, a professional on making pho. I hope you will enjoy it. :DPho [pronounced fuh, or fur] is vietnamese beef noodle soup that has existed over more than 90 years. People believed it may have originated from the french's feu [a type of soup] when they colonised Vietnam. Pho is perfect for any time of the day, lunch or dinner. There are over 20 different pho's made with the best tasting beef broth ever, which goes well with any kind of meat, although beef is preffered. The Vietnamese pho houses I've been to around Australia recommend rare beef [it'll be cooked with the broth in your bowl], although well done beef can also be used if you want to make sure. Pho is made up of a combination of meat pieces [beef, chicken, etc.], meatballs, herbs, chilli [plain chilli or sauce], lemon/lime to give it the sweet and sour taste, hoison [a rich thick brown sauce], white rice noodle's, and a fantastic broth which takes hours to cook. To make the soup, you will need some onions, ginger, beef bones, star anise, and some other ingredients.. they are the main ingredients I know, I'm no chef myself :D. If you ever come across an area where they sell pho, and you haven't tried it, I recommend you do try it. It tastes better than it looks.

I'll just stick with the beef, chicken, and noodles please. Sounds good for some people but I am a very picky eater, I could try it though I never know. Now I know a bit more about Vietnamese food. At first I pronounced it as "foe" until you explained what it really was. Pretty interesting.

Thanks. :D It's spelt Pho with a little symbol on top of the "o". Lots of my mates call it "fah" still.. they still can't get it right. :D It's interesting to see when at first they think it won't taste good, then I take them to a place to try it.. you should see their faces. :D

Wow, haven't heard of this and didn't even know it existed. I browsed to this thread, because I accidentally misread the thread title for php. Ah well, it doesn't matter. It's always interesting to find out things like this from foreign countries. Thanks for sharing :-)

pho,delicious noodle?i dont hear of that but it sound like the eastern aisan food.often like chinese or japanese ramen?hehe,i have no idea.however i'd like to have a try that if really get by chance :Da little hungery now,hehe

so do iWhat Is Pho?

I am vietnamese, so normally, I like eating pho so much, especially in the winter. When it is cold,  so hot and so delicious pho is attracted you. If you go to vietnam, try eating pho once and you will remember its taste forever. I am sure...

-reply by minh nhat