xisto Community
OpaQue

People Stealing My Bandwidth I m losing Bandwidth

I need help in lowering my bandwidth each month. I mainly make gallery posts to put up on forums. Alot of people can access my pictures that I put up on different forums, thus driving up my bandwidth. I have no problem with people looking at my pictures. The problem I have is I can't seem to protect my domain (xxxxxx.us) and by that I mean anybody could just type in http://www.xxxxxxx.us/ and take (steal) everything I have. How do I stop that? I've even tried seperating my index.html pages from the folders, and that doesn't seem to work. Please, any advice and help is needed very quickly...thanks for your time.

There is a feature in Cpanel Called HOTLINK Protection.That will prevent users from using images on your site in their website by linking directly. This should solve your problem.

lol, We've seen quite a few of these before... I'll never forget the fake "hosting requests" thread by OpaQue.Edit: Sorry OpaQue might have wanted these threads to be clean. Closed. Feel free to reopen if neccessary or remove this post altogether.

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)