xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chez

Ello

Ello all.Not going to lie. Posting on the forums to get the ad-free hosting. In the meantime, I'll be designing on my Xisto.net page (chez.). Testing some new-found knowledge of photoshop and web design so .:yay me:.anyone here bioinformatics major?just throwing that out.so yea. nice meeting y'all

Hi Chez,Why Xisto dot net? Get hosted here and enjoy even more benefits, like more space and bandwidth, better cpanel to work with, more features. Won't take you long to get hosted.And what is Bioinformatics? I guess that'll tell you I am not a Major in it???

I'm doing a double major in bioinformatics and computer science. There are tons of CS majors out there, but I've meet only 6 bioinfor majors to date. Seems like it's not that popular of a field... yet :Dbioinformatics is basically datamining genomic sequences. Basically taking certain codes from one organism and putting it together with a bunch of other sequences. It sounds like genetic engineering, but from what I'm told, it's not. Truthfully, I don't really know what it's all about either. Guess I have to take more courses to get a feel for it.I started with Xisto.net because of a post on anandtech.com. A member inquired about free web hosters. Besides for the generic tripod, geocities, etc where half your bandwidth is wasted just on the ads they put in, I did a google search and found Xisto along with a bunch of others. But Xisto had the best deal in terms of bandwidth, storage, compatibiliy (perl, ftp, etc), and location (florida). But I am working my way to a Xisto.com domain name. The way I design webpages, I don't like having a banner ad at the top. Kinda throws off my layout. So yup, gonna be a .com member soon. Until then, though, I'll tweak the design and layout on the .net side.

Chez,Welcome to Xisto. I know you will fit right in. Make sure your every post is neat and well formed. In my signature area you'll find Xisto README to shed some light on few key components.By the way, I minored in Bioinfomatics. What are the odds of finding another Bioinfo student in Xisto? I'd say it's 1 in 1 billion :D I don't know if you recall Cedar and Solaris working on human genome project. Well I was Med-Chem staff for the University that had joint project with them. 2 years after my graduation they finished sequencing and now they are making portals to other chem/pharm companies to share the result. It's sad, however, that inorder to pay back all those equipments purchased and borrowed the information and sequence gathered are shared only if one pays for yearly or monthly access grant. You have to pay for HPLC and GC machines somewhere... and talk about jell-plates! I'm just glad that I no longer wear radiation tags lol. Sometimes I swear I can see my hands glowing in the dark.Anway, it was fun and Bioinfomatics is definitely a new science field that will be the next CS of early 1990's. I'd like to hear more about your research results and aspiration for your major.

Welcome to Trap 17! Your the first new person I welcomed on Trap 17 I think..Anyways enjoy your stay, have fun, and make sure you don't spam to get hosting credits.

hello Chez,with the greeting saying happy new year! :Dwelcome to Xisto at the end of year,enjoy your stay here in future time(the coming 2006).of cause,you did not lie,every one like you who are busy doing individual affair,could not be active very often.so we members who hosted here just treat this thing as a relaxing,sharing good thing or vent bad luck to others.the most important,we can improve in lots of fields like web designing and graphic designing,etc.have a good time... :D

Welcome aboard, Chez! I think you've found a great web community/hosting service here at Trap 17. The people here are very supportive and you'll definitely won't have any problem building and maintaining the hosting credits.Hope you enjoy your stay and we hope to see more of you in the near future.Cheers!