xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evangelion

Neo Genesis Evangelion

Why is it that no one has made a new Neon Genesis Evangelion game yet?I know that the TV show is 10 years old by now, but it's so awesome!!!The last Evangelion game was for (I thnk it was) the Nentendo Entertainment System. But it might have been the SNES.But, whatever.My point is...Neon Genesis Evangelion needs a new video game. The old one (IT WAS FRIGGIN JAPANESE!!!) had the best graphics by far. And most people these days don't even know what it is!!!

Why is it that no one has made a new Neon Genesis Evangelion game yet?

I know that the TV show is 10 years old by now, but it's so awesome!!!

The last Evangelion game was for (I thnk it was) the Nentendo Entertainment System. But it might have been the SNES.

But, whatever.

My point is...

Neon Genesis Evangelion needs a new video game. The old one (IT WAS FRIGGIN JAPANESE!!!) had the best graphics by far. And most people these days don't even know what it is!!!

216448[/snapback]

Well... your slightly wrong...

At some point of time there was a Neon Genesis Evangelion video game released for the N64 that loosely followed the story line. (Level three was hell :D) This too, was only released in Japan. Fact of the matter being. Evangelion is just now getting big in the US. The only people who knew about it before hand were the true Otakus who took the time to learn japanese and have this imported before these Otaku-wanna-bes waited for it to be translated.

Long story short, the people who knew about NGE before it hit big in the US, knew about both games and probably had them imported. Both can be found on the internet if you know where to search. How ever you run into the problem of not totaly understanding whats going on unless you have watched the series 4-fold (to catch everything) or you can read and understand kanji to follow the game text. I do agree, that if they re-remade it for the PS3, 360, Revolution, i would buy just for the fact it was NGE.

Recap time: NGE made it to the N64, but only while it was big in Japan, and little known in the US. True Otakus learned japanese and kanji and had it imported. If you know where to look you can find it or information about it on the internet.

Just to add to that point there where a few love sim type games made about evangelion, kinda following up from the happier side of evangelion that shinji expiriences at the end of the series, i think under the name iron maiden and iron maiden 2, i dont know if love sim games count as proper games but i played an english version wich was ported to PC and it was pretty good :D

What? You only knew Evangelion on SNES? To start, I don't even know if there was a Eva game in SNES, but in PS2 there was one (Shin Seiki Evangelion) if I'm not wrong and it has 2 series. The other I had is Iron Maiden that has been ported to PC, well I downloaded it while ago, don't really like it, because the artwork are so few...Yes, it has 2 series also, but don't have it. I just dl it beacsue Mana Kirishima is so cute.. even better than Rei you know.Ehm... and that's right too many anime-to-game only available in Japan... but there are ways :D to have it right? I mean, no games really released in my country, only the imports.