xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Guitar Hero For Ps2

Anyone have/play Guitar Hero?If you haven't heard of it... It's made by Harmonix and Red Octane (Harmonix made Amplitude and Frequency for ps2, and Red Octane makes the overpriced foam ddr pads). Well, the game is played using a special guitar controller. It has 5 fret buttons and a strum bar and a whammy bar (the game sucks on a ps2 controller). Notes drop down the screen and when they hit the bar at the bottom, you fret the note (color coded) and hit the strum bar, pretty much like playing a real guitar. This is by far one of the most challenging music games I've ever played and its extremely fun...Anyone else play it?

Oh my god i saw some in game footage and video reviews of this game and it looks so unique!! I dont know if it'l ship for UK release but it looks like such a great game and i would buy it if it came out over here. Looks alot similar to guitar freaks though but with a better interface and scoring system! Whats the game like then? In general.

Actually it is a lot like guitar freaks... The big differences would be the notes drop towards you instead of straight down and the whammy bar for bending notes. The song selection is great (upwards of 35 songs, I believe, and they're not cut down like DDR songs, they include solos.)I've heard its the reason to own a ps2. And I'd agree with that. It rocks

Yeah I played it for a little while with just a a regular controller though. It seems like a good quality music game, but as far as being original I dunno about that. I love music games like DDR, beatmania, etc. but I don't think that they have really changed all that much since the originals and really... maybe they shouldn't change much either.

My God this game is so friggin fun. It's like DDR without a dance pad. I mean sometimes you just get so into it, like you just wanna sing the words and act like a rock star. Lol I know that might sound crazy but it's highly addictive and I reccommend it to any one that is a music lover or likes rock.

I have seen this game on a commercial while watching "G4". In my opinion, these games are useless. I don't know how someone can play a game where you just press up down, left or right...... There is no point just a bunch of fruity stuff going on. People really shouldn't buy this game. I think this game makes a mockery out of guitarist's around the world.

I have seen this game on a commercial while watching "G4". In my opinion, these games are useless. I don't know how someone can play a game where you just press up down, left or right...... There is no point just a bunch of fruity stuff going on. People really shouldn't buy this game. I think this game makes a mockery out of guitarist's around the world.

225761[/snapback]

Um, I'm going to assume you haven't seen Guitar Hero/Guitar Freaks...

You're given a guitar shaped controller with 5 frets (in hero.. I forget about freaks) and you get a strum bar. Its not just about hitting the frets at the right time, its also about hitting the strum bar. Plus they have a whammy bar to bed the notes in real time as it plays with the song.

So its not as... Well, if you can call DDR simple, its not as simple as that.