xisto Community
evangelion

Favourite Final Fantasy Game YOUR FAVOURITE FINAL FANTASY GAME

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE FINAL FANTASY GAME?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Zidane > Cloud > Squall > Tidusin my opinion. Tidus and FF10 is just one of the worst FF games I've ever played. FF10 is so linear.The only good part about FF10 is the music, and Blitzball.Square took out the best parts of Final Fantasy, the long storyline, the cool characters, the Active Time Bar, the experience system. And if memory serves me correctly, they also took out the traditional victory battle theme.And you could've added FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, and FF6 too you know. The FF series isn't limited to 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 and 11.

Final Fantasy VIII was the best in my opinion. It had a good story and good characters. Everything about the game was fine. A lot of people hated the junction system and I'm not sure why. I thought that it was cool. I wish I knew why a lot of people don't like FF8. It was a very good game. Certainly better than FF7 I think. I've always thought that FF7 was over rated. I saw many things in FF8 that made FF7 look like it wasn't even that great.

I'll tell you why I don't like FF8 that much. It's not that the game it self is bad, it's just that a lot of the things about it I don't like. Positive Stuff :-Graphics, they were superb. The character's bodies were done really well. The animations were done really great.Okayish stuff :-Sounds, they were okayish. Nothing to complain here.-Storyline + Characters. The storyline was okayish. The characters I didn't like very much. Squall is a cheap knock off of Cloud to me.Negative Stuff :-Drawing Magic, it takes the traditional MP system away. It's also very annoying and can be abused easily. From the beginning (When you first enter world map) , you can start stocking up on Magic. You could have a hundred of each spell available to you in just one battle. (Provided that you fight the correct monsters)-Summon animation + the boost feature. I truely despise the boost feature. It hurts my fingers and controller. The rewards aren't that great either. You could get probably...1000...more damage to the summon. Then there's the correct timing and mistakes that can be made. The animation that is lengthen for this reason is kinda annoying too.That's all I could think of right now. And you're probably thinking that I really hate this game or something. So I'll say this, no I do not hate FF8. FF8 is a good game. It's certainly better than 10 and 10-2.

The FF series isn't limited to 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 and 11.

216410[/snapback]

I have a few questions for you then.

Question 1:

Are you Japanese? Because as you should know (if you're a real fan or the game) the first and third games only came out in Japan.

If the answer to that question was no,

Do you know Japanese? No? Then you haven't played the first or third games.

I never said that the series was limited to those games.

ONE MORE QUESTION FOR YOU:

Have you played all 12 games? Well, have you?

No? OK then. The ones you haven't played (such as FF1 and FF3) obviously can't be your favorite.

Final Fantsy IX wins my heart. :DZidane is an adventurous being, that falls in love with Garnet(who later changes her name to Dagger), and they go on a mission to save the world! They meet up with Vivi, a black mage. He's about 3 feet tall, but his courage stands taller. He learns his fire attack in the Ice Cavern to melt a sheet of ice. AND, he can do special moves with Steiner's sword. These moves are my favorite attacks in Final Fantasy IX. You can make his sword to fire attacks, ice attacks, water attacks, bio attacks, and just about every other black magic move too.Now, there are other character, but those are the four ones I always use. Actually, I beat the game with Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, and Steiner. Heh, that was my lineup from left to right, too. If you plan on playing this game or if you want to play through it again, try playing throuw with Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Steiner. Those are the 4 best characters in my opinion.Zidane: Well, you have to use him. But his attacks come in handy later on in the game.Garnet: She can summon as well use White Magic. In every RPG, you ALWAYS need a White Mage. They come in handy.Vivi: He's a black mage. You always need those. He can use attacks like Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, and Waterga! And plus, he's just cool to have around!Steiner: He's one of the best all-around characters. You WILL be glad once him and Vivi learn their sword-magic attacks. They are VERY useful and VERY powerful. I'm being blunt when I say this. You're going to like these characters. :DAnd this people, is why I like Final Fantasy IX. I think it has the best story, the best characters, and the best moves. I didn't like Final Fantasy VIII because of the junctionaing system. I hated that so much... :D

I am not Japanese, nor do I know Japanese. I am not a HUGE FF fan either. So I wouldn't know the correct numberings of each game in the US and in Japan.
I do know however, that FF1 was released in the US. So I might be wrong about everything below.

NESFinal Fantasy Nintendo 07/12/90 US

GBAFinal Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls Nintendo 11/29/04 US

Those are copied straight from GameFAQs.

FF3 however, is an exception. I can honestly say I have never played that one. That goes the same for FF5, as I have never played that one either.

And for your last question, there ARE people out there who recogonize FF1 and FF3 as their favorites.

If any of my posts has offended you in anyway, I'm sorry.

I like final fantasy VII over all the others. The story was just more mystical magical and stuff, on the others, I felt it needed something, everything was just too real. Although I still think chronotrigger has been the very best rpg I have ever played

I'm amazed at the amount of people on these forums that like Final Fantasy IX the best! (Think I've seen another thread on it) It's my favourite too, but on most other FF sites, or even among my friends, VII tends to be the winner, if not VI. As it was the latest one on the PSone, FFIX was the most polished, and was the only game I found engaging enough to sit there and train on random battles for hours just so I could beat a few stupid bosses :D.I agree with Gyad about FFVIII - it was good, but I didn't like it a whole lot either. Battles were a pain, and if you used your magic you lowered your stats and whatever. I just never got into it, and got wasted by Cerberus on the 2nd disk and couldn't go further.Flakes, I thought FFVII was one of the more "real" ones, with the pseudo-tech/future storyline.I just got FFX-2 a few weeks ago and haven't really played it that much yet. It looks different, for sure, I don't know if it's for better or worse though. FFX, I thought, was really fun - the main music theme is really good (Uematsu [sp?] favourite too apparantly), and while some of the voice acting was a bit.. well... (Yuna was boring as hell, Tidus was a girl), the characters were engaging enough.What is FFXI like? I've never played... namely because it hasn't had a big release in Australia, and it's an MMORPG (which I tend to avoid)...

Why everyone said FFVII is the best? Maybe it because it is the first Final Fantasy which is "not the same like previous". FFVII is the first game which is not a "fantasy", but a "future fantasy". I thought I like FFIX best of all the time. Mentioning it is the last Final Fantasy by Sakaguchi, it is the "back to nature" Final Fantasy I. Even I haven't played FF I, but I can say Final Fantasy should be like that, not like FF7,8, or 10... or even FFX-2...

Don't you think saving the world gets a little bit too repetetive? That's why I like FF7 so much. It's not overabused about saving the world but about survival:take down your enemy or die.Plus, FF7 has better summonings and magic. FF7 was the best FF game done. The future ones are getting too repetitive with the saving the world theme. FF7 also has more enemies rather then just one. Plus, even SquareSoft knows its the best one they did. Thats why they are remaking it for the PS3 and making 2 movies for it. If that doesn't convince you, then nothing will.

My favorite FF8 was really smoothly done, and if you didn't use cheap tricks like stocking up hundreds in the start, it was actualy hard unlike other FFs, well the bosses at least. I still remember dieing 10 times trying to get Diablos from his lamp and then getting stuck at ultimace's castle when I picked the wrong ability, had to return to a previous save outside it, cost me hours.FFX was also really fun but way too easy and the harder quests were too hard to find without a guide and I like playing FFs without guides.FF7 had the best characters and lines, FFX-2 once past the girlish theme was also fun but easy. FF9 just never got my attention and I quit after disc 1.I'm looking forward to FFXII, but the screenshots look alot like FFX but with more emotion....

VII is the only one that I have played, so I guess my vote doesn't really count for much.

FF VII was good, gr8 gameplay and character development. Try playing FF VIII, they changed alot, but the overall feel was heightened by it. I would have to say FF's 7/8 are the best, 10 was weird, blitzball was wicked, but 7/8 were the best by far...