xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

Get Paid To Write Tutorials!

This is a concept for a website. Its going to be about computer tutorials. Basically I will need tutorials and I was thinking since I cant write all of them I could pay for them.

This is gana be my program I just want to know if you guys think this is a good idea and what I could do to improve it. Also please tell me if I made this would anyone submit tutorials in your opinion.

Here is my Idea.

Your tutorial must be submitted using the proper forums supplied at my website. The tutorials will be paid for by either paypal, or cash. (If cash payments are lost in the post office we are not reliable for that.)

You will get paid for every word inside your tutorial. It will be 1 cents for ever 4 legit words. Excluding code and quoted information. Each Picture will make you 1 cents.

So just as an example this is a tutorial posted on the Xisto forums.

**NOTE***

This turorial is not meant to "Put Down" Xisto and its amazing free webhosting. This is meant to me a fun "Weekend" sort of project. Any either way, any webhost you make can never be as relaible as Xisto 

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN WEBSERVER

In this tutorial you will learn how to make your own web server using an old computer.

What you will need:

1. An old computer (Or a new one, your choice"

2. Network adapter (If the computer doesnt already have one installed)

3. Network Cable

4. Router (to connect computer to web)

5. Software (See below to download...)

6. RAM Upgrade

Heres how:

1. You will need a computer with atleast 115mb or ram (The more the marrier!) If needed, install the networking card, so it can be connected to the internet. If needed, install the RAM upgrade, so the computer will be faster.

2. Connect it to the internet either through a router, or directly to your modem.

3. Boot up the computer, and open your browser. Now heres where youve got some options. There are many different programs that will turn your computer into a webhost. One of my favorites is Netserver. This is only for Windows PS's though. Another one you could try is AppServ. I have never tried this one, but ive heard its good. Another one who supports Linux is XAMPP. Again I have never tried it. All of these programs support PHP and MySQL.

4. Once you have decided which program is suitable for you, on your machine, go to their website and download their client, and install the program.

5. If you have a firewall, i would suggest removing it, other wise it may block people from acessing the computer to get the website, so no one would be able to get to your website.

6. And your done! With most programs, the computers IP adress becomes the URL.

In order to be able to get to your website, the machine you are using must be connected to the web 24/7, and be turned on, other vise users will simply we shut out.

If you need any help, please post below, and we will see what we can do for you

Enjoy,

Elegost

This is just a random tutorial I picked out of the tutorial section. Now I marked the legit sections which will count with green and the sections which will not count in the word count with red. Numbers are also not included in the word count. Numbers are color coded blue.

Since this tutorial does not have any pictures it will only receive money for its word count.

The total word count of this tutorial is 322 and for ever 4 words you get 1 cent so when rounded up you will make 80 cents from that tutorial.

Not all tutorials will be accepted. Each tutorial will be checked and must be accurate and easy to understand. It should also follow all the guidelines that will be provided on the site.

I will also make a system so that the writer could get paid when every they want. So they could write 4 tutorials and say pay me. Or they can write as many as they want then request to get paid, that way youre not getting 80 cent payments.

We will not accept very short tutorials. And we could decline a tutorial for any reason. If caught copying another tutorial from a website we will terminate all your payments and you won't be paid anything, thus banned.

Ok anyway thats my idea. If I would actually go ahead with this do you think a lot of people would write for me? And also what can I do to make it better.

THANKS Happy New Years.

Notice from mayank:
Edited as reported

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

:D if i saved all my mony from last summer, and somehow make paypal. I would probobly told you that this is a bad idea and you should quit right now. Then i would go and make something like that :DThats awesome idea :DLike some site wonted to gave free hosting inorder for activity on forum... now everyone use something like that.So maybe your idea will grown and be realy bad **bottom** :D

Eighty cents on one tutorial really isn't all that much. I would pay them based on detail, and quality of the tutorial. Anywhere from $1 to $10 maybe even more. I like the idea of having people make tutorials for you but think about it. If someone's hourly job is to make tutorials and they get paid minimum wage say $6 an hour. They probably make barely one tutorial an hour or maybe 2 an hour or 1 in two hours. If they all were each 322 words long they would make only a couple bucks instead of 20.

I'm also thinking of making this as well as that.A Writers Membership.Basically it?s Absolutely free to join. Once you join you will be paid 5-10 dollars a month. But you are required to write at least 2 good quality tutorials which will pass the reviewing process. And every additional tutorial after that will give you 1 dollar.If you fail to make 2 tutorials and you are a member. Then your account will be warned for the first month and you will not be paid. If you continue not to submit 2 tutorials a month your plan will be removed and you will be banned from that plan and if you wish to continue submitting tutorials, you could use the word count payments system.I'm also thinking of adding other kinds of plans such as 5 tutorials a month pays 15 dollars. And so on.

That sounds like a bit better plan. I would say $10 a month for two tutorials and $1 for each tutorial after that, and $2 for every tutorial after you make 5 a month or something like that.

Nice idea, but two things:A) What is your site's address? You make absolutely no mention of it in any post in this topic.:D You will really send a few bucks cash in the mail if I write a good tutorial?Sounds like a real good way to make money - not kidding :D

The site Is not realised yet. It will be out in 2 months. If you wish to be notifyed when the site is realised please PM me.This is an idea. we are currently starting to program out design for the website. and will be adding content soon.

what about copyright infringement i know about a half a down websites where I can copy and paste and then submit it and can easily search a few sites and then change the wording just right in a blink of an eye.It sounds good but you will get in a heap of trouble over it.

Well First, Not all Tutorials will be accepted. Even if its good and follows all the rules we will only pick a few a month. Or some permanit members. Yes I'm sure we will have that problem but we will find out so don't even try. Unless you change so many things that its practicly undetectable then that pretty much means they wrote it. If we cant detect it, not many people can. :D

That sounds like a good idea.. But I don't think you would be very productive with only paying 1 cent per four words. I'd rather have 1 cent per two words, or something more. There should probably be a limit on tutorials per month.. and you may get lawsuits if someone plagiarizes.. But I'm sure you would research it enough so that you would know.. :D

If you want my services, i'll be happy to work for you.I can write excellent tutorials in html, pdf and high quality flash tutorials.Just send me a private message and we talk the details about it.

This is a concept for a website. It?s going to be about computer tutorials. Basically I will need tutorials and I was thinking since I cant write all of them I could pay for them.

This is gana be my program I just want to know if you guys think this is a good idea and what I could do to improve it. Also please tell me if I made this would anyone submit tutorials in your opinion.

Here is my Idea.

Your tutorial must be submitted using the proper forums supplied at my website. The tutorials will be paid for by either paypal, or cash. (If cash payments are lost in the post office we are not reliable for that.)

You will get paid for every word inside your tutorial. It will be 1 cents for ever 4 legit words. Excluding code and quoted information. Each Picture will make you 1 cents.

So just as an example this is a tutorial posted on the Xisto forums.

This is just a random tutorial I picked out of the tutorial section. Now I marked the legit sections which will count with green and the sections which will not count in the word count with red. Numbers are also not included in the word count. Numbers are color coded blue.

Since this tutorial does not have any pictures it will only receive money for its word count.

The total word count of this tutorial is 322 and for ever 4 words you get 1 cent so when rounded up you will make 80 cents from that tutorial.

Not all tutorials will be accepted. Each tutorial will be checked and must be accurate and easy to understand. It should also follow all the guidelines that will be provided on the site.

I will also make a system so that the writer could get paid when every they want. So they could write 4 tutorials and say pay me. Or they can write as many as they want then request to get paid, that way you?re not getting 80 cent payments.

We will not accept very short tutorials. And we could decline a tutorial for any reason. If caught copying another tutorial from a website we will terminate all your payments and you won't be paid anything, thus banned.

Ok anyway that?s my idea. If I would actually go ahead with this do you think a lot of people would write for me? And also what can I do to make it better.

THANKS  Happy New Years.

Notice from mayank:
Edited as reported

216396[/snapback]

how much would you be paing people and if loadfs of people signed up for that and started writing tutorials you would run out of money pretty quickly then what?