xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

A Business Idea : For Xisto Corporation Giving Top Level Domains

Hey everyone!As you must have noticed in the title that it is a business idea about giving Top level domains for free! I have seen some websites and I am already having a .Info domain with such service. So, The point I was making is that It will be great if Xisto Corp. Opens up a new website in which they'll offer Free TOP LEVEL DOMAINS and for that members will have to maintain credits..Just like we do for our webhosting.And now if you notice the topic description..it says it will be a success..FOR XISTO CORP . You may ask me why? The reason is that everyone looks for reliability...most of us are here because we want a host which offers great features and is realiable and that is what Xisto is offering us and using the market reputation of Xisto, Xisto...it will be easy for Xisto to earn new members.I can guarentee that most of the members will go to that from here only.Now, this is just an idea and what I think should be a success for Xisto...it depends on OPAQUE to actually apply it.What will be the benefit of this?Xisto corporation will become final destination for all those people who are looking for there website :1. They can request for web designs thus solves the problem of website design.2. They can request for web space..which is already there and everybody knows.3. They can get a top level domain..which is a good thing in all the senses.So, all this right over here...due to this convenience...people will like to come here again and again.What do you think about this guyz and specially OPAQUE.

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title & description
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

Uhm, yes that could be a good idea for us members and i think admins could have benefits from it.But whats the point of Xisto co' to have 1000 forums that offers free something ?I dont know, that wouldnt payoff in at least 1 year of having that.Its just my opinion. Maybe it payoff to have more sites, or maybe its better to have one forum where all people will be and advertisment will probobly get more mony.So for us members its better to have choise, but would that give more mony to admins ?one big site ? or few smaller ones ?

Hey sqlbyte!Thanks for supporting me (partially :D)! Now, as you are confused about having more website or having one big website in a package..let me clear you some of the things so that you can see what I am looking at :DWhat will happen if Xisto will start such a new website..A new forum will start and that will be having diff. discussions and due to which there will be lots of unique webpages and then the admins will be able to place ads on those pages.Because of reputation of Xisto & Xisto...people will go to those pages and will click on those ads and which will give them money. (You can see the results of gfxtrap.com..it is not officially launched yet)Now, the reason for having unique pages is that some big pay-per-click program companies...like google adsence, chitika...they allow limited no. of ads on the page...so it will be nice to have more pages...having diff. ads targeted towards them.And the biggest reason of having a diff. website is that it gives you another way of earning money....You'll find that there are lots of people who are not happy with the features of Xisto's webhosting (no offence, but that is true, Not in my case though)..so they may not like to post at Xisto for hosting but may like to post on that website for a free domain...so, the customer area will increase.And it will be foolish...if they decide to give free domain name under Xisto..because that will lower down there earnings. And also this business idea will become a flop :DNow, people may say that big companies like Yahoo! why dont they have diff. website..why are they only running on there Yahoo domain name...then I'll say that my dear friend..that is not true...Yahoo has another service..flickr.com, they have tie-ups with diff. companies like BT, SBC to provide internet services...they are into lots of things and which I dont know either!I hope you got my point More websites=more money.

I like the idea of giving free domains as well. Many people have suggested it too. I think that because people get free hosting they need a free domain to go with it. Everyone goes for the bargain. The Xisto Corporation would probably benefit quite a bit from it as well with all the numerous ads. They would definately have to have a new site probably because the would need much more space for ads for support. Domains can cost a lot depending on how many are bought. Out of the almost ten thousand people here at Xisto, more than half of them have hosting. About half of that have domains leaving about 2,500 who probably need them. (this is just an example) So if 1,500 of these want domains as well as those from Asta Host and Xisto - Web Hosting, as well as the new members that's probably around 4,000 domains. This could cost the Xisto Corporation about $24,000 in domains a year. All in which most likely can't be made on ads. That is a lot of money unlike hosting where it is 1 to $200 a month per server. It would be a lot of money to do all this and a lot of work. They would have to start charging something. I like the idea I just don't think that it'll work out.

hey Plenoptic!

Now, I am talking about a business Idea..which is like a framework or you can say a design of house on papers..but still has to built.
My main Idea was to introduce a service which can offer free domain names but I never said that it will only offer free domain names and wont charge anything or wont have diff. offers.

Till this time, we have discuessed about giving away domain names for free..but what about giving domain names for a charge along with webhosting...surely at a competitive rates...Like, I said in an example in my earlier posts :

And the biggest reason of having a diff. website is that it gives you another way of earning money....You'll find that there are lots of people who are not happy with the features of Xisto's webhosting (no offence, but that is true, Not in my case though)..so they may not like to post at Xisto for hosting but may like to post on that website for a free domain...so, the customer area will increase.

So, in the above example..there is person who is not happy with the Xisto's webhosting features..for e.g. 150 MB webspace...but there are lots of people who are happy with 20 MB webspace as well...there are some who can manage within 10 MB of space (like me), so why not make use of those potential customers by offering them a domain name at a certain price along with webspace of say 10 MB without ads or anything like that.

Also if we take your example of 4000 domains you assumed the price of 6$ each! But my dear friend you are missing a fact here..that there are companies who are giving away domains for less than 3$ and some are giving for slightly more than 2$...and if there will be bulk purchasing than the amount will certainly go down...expected :D so the cost will become somewhat around 8000$ or 8500$...Now, I will have to say that I am not sure what Xisto is earning with the ads...but certainly that is OK if they will offer DOMAINS for sale and domains for free! both!

:Edit: I've found a link which explains the benefit of a domain name.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now, what are you thinking OpaQue
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

Yea I guess that would probably work. There are many people who will buy domains with money because they don't want to post. I think it is a good idea, I just think that it would cost to much but I guess the way you put it sort of works. I forgot about the ads from Xisto.Net too. I think that it will work out if you try. I can help out if they try as well. I think if there is only another way of making money other than ads. Another source of income would be good but I also forgot about the partners of Xisto as well. I think with all the people it wouldn't be that bad.

Oh! that will also be a good deal! But just wanted to know, few thing :1. Exchaning credits means that the person will post more.(this is your idea behind this)2. Are you planning to make this offer for a limited time period or for lifetime.3. Will it be one-time buy (for a year) or is it certain amount of credits per month.Well, these are some of the question which arise in my mind!But, you'll have to agree shridhar..that I was very close to open up a new website for you :D

I think this would be a good idea...in exchange for credits..but generally i do see better benifits just paying ..but the advantage i see over this is the fact that some people do not have ways of transfering money...do not earn enough money etc....just a thought ...if the domain was to be in exchange of credits ..PER MONTH..wouldnt th ebest way to do that ..to be just to reduce the amount of credits you get for posts..basically meaning you need to write more quality to get the same credits as before (if that makes sense)overall i do think free domains would be pretty awsome !!

Top Level Domains could be a real succes. Mayank has thought of a big plan. Of course it's true what he says. It will probably give the admins more money, but they will have te spend more money too. What Opaque says is also a good idea, but the downside is that it will atract less people, cus they first need to get hosted here and then get a domain. If you do what Mayank says (make a new site) it will atract also members with hosting somewhere else and that will give the admins more money again. But I think Xisto Corporation already has enough sites to manage so I can see why Opaque wants to do it the more simple way.Second...about the paying with credits. I think paying per month is really not a good idea. If people go away for a weeks and things like that. No...I think paying per year would be a much better idea, but of course, it's not up to me to decide such things.But I think that giving away domain names (in exange for credits or whatever you want in the way you want) would be a very good ans succeeding idea.

Oh! that will also be a good deal! But just wanted to know, few thing :

1. Exchaning credits means that the person will post more.(this is your idea behind this)

2. Are you planning to make this offer for a limited time period or for lifetime.

3. Will it be one-time buy (for a year) or is it certain amount of credits per month.

Well, these are some of the question which arise in my mind!

But, you'll have to agree shridhar..that I was very close to open up a new website for you :D

216424[/snapback]

1. Exchaning credits is already been made possible. https://support.xisto.com/

2. If I start this offer, It will be LIFETIME. i.e. This offer will not expire.

3. It will be ofcourse for a year and the user will be given the Username and Password to the Control panel and Domains Manager. Domains will be registered by Xisto - Web Hosting-Domains (https://xisto.com/)

So, user is not bound to collect more credits for the next year. He/she may pay for the next year or Get the required credits and ask us to renew it again :-)

I have many plans regarding the credits system in my mind. The problem is, I have made this system and implementing it is not a problem atm, but now I am concentrating more on re-building this system for IPB 2.1

And then also, adjusting all the MODs accordingly like Last topics, posts, seo etc.. etc..

Opaque it sounds like you have been planning some of this for a while. I hope you do do it. That would be a great boost to the Xisto Corporation in size and stuff. Hopefully in the future you could add something like that. That way when I want to renew my domains that I paid for I can buy them with credits :D. lol

yeah even i would go with mayanks idea..
Well i've signed up with that site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ offering free domain names for posting in forums..

O i'm so happy it will be introduced over here too..
I mean this site is getting transfered into everythingeng for web masters..
I really appreciate opaquer effort