xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

DSL lines in where I live fluctuates or disconnects. Looks like it was a blessing in disguise when we switched over to cable internet. It tends to exceed DSL speeds though, and online gaming's not as bad as people claimed.However, DSL can accommodate lots of bandwidth, I just don't know if it rings true for cable. I used to run a webserver from my DSL connection to put its idle bandwidth into good use.

II think ADSL is plenty fine if you need not that much speed, but in reality cable has the capacity to provide lots of speed. I know this is a seperate discussion, but fiber really has the potential (Verizon Fios is already popping up in a bunch of cities).I've heard that with DSL, you get your own share of bandwidth (albeit less of it), and with cable you share a large pool of bandwidth with your neighbors. Throughout my experiences, cable has always been faster.

Well on most standard ISP's, they are relatively similar. ADSL is more constant with a fairly broad range of speeds. Cable definitely has higher potential and capabilities in terms of speed. If you are a heavy internet user i would recommend cable, as it is generally faster.

It's a matter of opinion honestly. Let alone it also depends what you are doing with Cable/Dsl/Broadband. If are you referring to Online Gaming and Latency issues, its a matter of connectivity between the Host and User downloading the files in order to play.Most will say that "Dial-Up connections" lag more, when in fact its not. Its the connectivity rating between the two users. Usually Cable and DSL have the higher probability of having Latency issues between other users solely based on their Ports not being opened or just because the users arent capable of having a stable connection.

i have cable i say its way faster than DSL but the thing is DSL is like 24.99 over here and Cable is 29.99 so theres no big difference its a couple bucks for fast internet

Some very nice research was done regarding T1 speed and ADSL, HDSL, and VDSL back on page 11 I think. The research was accurate as far as I can tell, a T1 and HDSL have the same speed of about 1.544Mbps. This, if symetrical, should be pretty much fast enough for anyone I should think. I'm on Satellite, so I'm not doing so well. According to Speedtest.net, my ping time is 688ms and I've got a whopping 1047kbps down and all of 77kbps upload speeds. For whatever reason, this site doesn't do a very good test of upload speeds, so I go to toast.net for that. According to toast, my upload is crawling along at 229kbps. I don't know why the huge discrepancy, but there it is. So if you're on a faster, more responsive connection than I am, be glad. It could be worse. By the way, according to speedtest.net, the fastest ISP in the world is called prov.RU with nearly 25mbps down and 12mbps up.

That really depends although i would prefer a dsl over any other because of its optical fibre and underground cable thingWifi is best amongst anything and i had this bad experience of my wires being stolen day in and day out , the time i used to have a cable wire connection

You must not judge high-speed internet only by its transfer rate. For example, cable has a much slower ping then dsl and fiberwire, which can result in a bad online gaming experience even though you can pump the data through just fine.

Well I have always been confused on the answer to this. The fact is that DSL is a \"direct\" line from the company. If you live close to the company then you are in luck, if you aren\'t then it is not a good option. Cable and broadband. I really don\'t know the difference I think they both use a cable line though. But with cable there are different speeds that can be purchased through your provider. Faster is more expensive of coarse. But if I were to chose between those two at their highest speed at the same distance from the company, that cable wins.I don\'t know this for sure though. Thanks for letting put my penny in.

Cable is always faster then the other medium to use the network because there is less chances to collide the packet there is 100% connectivity, but if there is network congession then the speed is gone to slow so as i think that the speed depends on use of network, now a days DSL speed is faster, then the cable but practically what i feel the the speed never faster in DSL in comparission to cable. now come to point cable ISP control the speed so it depend on others thats by customer feel the speed is getting slow,thanks