xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GNR-D

Cool Facts I Learnt Today!

Most lipstick contains fish scales - im glad im a man!Dragonflies can travel up to 60 mph - if only they were size of bikesA cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime - Super Cow!!SONY was originally called 'Totsuken' - this is just plain wierdThe venom of the king cobra is so deadly that just one gram of it can kill 150 people - i believe it but i dont want to try itA small airplane can fly backwards - hmmmIn most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch or clock is usually 10:10 - hmmmEmus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards. - dont need a fact for this, i already knowDrivers kill more deer than hunters. - what kind of hunters shoot deer?A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second. - ok.. this is gettin wierd, ill leave it at this final wierd one!You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping!

Notice from saint-michael:
moved topiced since it is not based on a single subject.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Heh... that's pretty cool. I hadn't heard of most of them. Interesting. I think the only one I'd heard about was the emus and kangaroos can't walk backward. I knew this about kangaroos, but had no idea about the emu.

Interesting things! I learned this week that ducks' quacks never echo and noone knows why. Also that the electric chair was invented by a dentist! :D

are u sure about that no sense of smell while sleeping? what about those salts they put under ur nose?

216083[/snapback]

If you mean salts that make you sleep better than somthing..the reason they wprk ..if you have no sense of smell..would be a reaction on the skin ..or because of the inhalation ..it does somthing to your brain lol..

man a woodpecker....20 times a second..damn thats fast !!

Awesome. Thanks for the facts. They are reallu cool. Some of seem a little fishy though :D No, but really, an airplane flying backwards? Maybe during a crash, but not on purpose. and no sense of smell in your sleep, maybe not smell that you notice, but some people wake up from smoke and other wake up during strong smells too. Like coffe in the morning, I often smell it before I am awake, but then realize it is from the kitchen. But thanks for the topic anyway, some of those are really cool. Make a Kangaroo go into a corner head first and it can't get out :D:(

About the watch's being 10:10, a friend of mine who studies psychology at college said that wat to make analoug watch's look like smilie faces so that people will want to buy them more, can't say whether thats true or not (altouhg I suspect not). Personally I'd quite like to see a airplane fly backwards (don't really know why it would jusat be cool, I also have strong feeling that one ain't true). Nayway thans for sharing I'm always open to some strange facts.

Thanks. Those are like really cool. My science teacher told me about the lipstick one. All guys here, including me, are probably glad to be guys because of that. And ya, that sounds gross about kissing girls with fish scale lipstick. Yuck. And a kangaroo could get out of a corner. It just has to turn. The airplane flying backwards thing. No idea how that would work unless they just throw it in reverse. I believe the sense of smell one. Things could wake you up from irritating you and after that you smell it. Dragon flies would be cool to ride. You'd get to school faster on it than a bus. No idea why you want to get to school faster. But you can also get home faster. Good about it: Getts you home faster. Bad about it: Gets you to school faster.

some of these facts are interesting!Especially the last fact! But that's dangerous, it means we can't smell a fire or a gas leak.lol@totsuken. the gaijins would have serious problems with it. Sony is still easier to pronounce and remember.

About the watch's being 10:10, a friend of mine who studies psychology at college said that wat to make analoug watch's look like smilie faces so that people will want to buy them more, can't say whether thats true or not (altouhg I suspect not). Personally I'd quite like to see a airplane fly backwards (don't really know why it would jusat be cool, I also have strong feeling that one ain't true). Nayway thans for sharing I'm always open to some strange facts.

The 10:10 thing is more specifically between 10:10:20 and 10:10:40. I guess it's just to spread the three hands out. As well, 10:10 is more aesthetically appealing than other positions, especially since it's pointing diagonally upward.

Airplanes can't fly backwards simply because their engines don't go that way. I don't see how small airplanes can do that, but anyway...

I've heard about the fishstick one many times before, and like many others said its one of the positives of being a guy because of that! As for small plane flying backwards, could the conditions (eg strong winds) have something to do with it which makes it go backwards?

Very intersting. Good find!

Dragonflies can travel up to 60 mph - if only they were size of bikes

Though I must say that its not possible for a Dragonfly to ever be the size of a bike. If they were that big they wouldn't live. Insects dont have lungs, they breathe by, I believe, the higher air pressure outside the insect trying to reach the low air pressure within the insect. Thus they breathe.I learnt that the other day :lol: