xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

My Planned Pc, Look Anygood To U?

= Ł1,456.05 inc VAT jus on my budget :D

whoa! lotsa dough for neat specs. in a couple of months, that would cost you lesserthan what it is now, so you'll have extra cash if you stick to it. :rolleyes: but then a lot of new
stuff would have come out by then, which will make you drool and spend your extra
cash on newer items. :angry:

oh the bane of technology :ph34r:

:rolleyes: how much would all that cost in usd i wonder... yet i feel you made this topic just to make me feel bad or something. thats a really good heatsink if you are interested in overclocking.

WOW I've always wanted to make my own computer since I was 8...Well I wanted to make my own chips...which is impossible.Well making your own computer will make you ever so proud after.I wish I could make it myself....*sighs*Good luck...

Everything is great except a couple of suggestions.

Why the tiny motherboard, when you have a ginourmous thermaltake case?
Those are designed for tiny barebone PCs that don't have much room, and lack in a lot of stuff, such as extra RAM slots, extra PCI slots etc...

I would go with something like the Abit KV8-Max3. The mobo is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the system, get a good one if you can.

Next suggestion is the second most important system component, the harddisk. Get a SATA (Serial ATA) drive like this one. It will be more future proof. Hell, if you want even more performance, you can go with a 10000rpm Western Digital. However, Seagate is the best hdd maker I know of, can't go wrong with them.

The thermaltake case is just ridiculously expensive if you ask me, you can get much nicer designs now for much cheaper. But its your choice, if you like it, no problem.

Apart from that, everything else looks great! wish I had that kinda money to spend... <_<

WOW I've always wanted to make my own computer since I was 8...Well I wanted to make my own chips...which is impossible.

sorry, this may seem like a spam, but couldn't help it since I'm learning about exactly this, this year!
Bexa, take a Computer Engineer'ing course in College (not software, not science, not electronics, COMP Eng!) and there is a 90% chance (according to the university you go) that you'll make your own chip in third year! Hell, thats one of the reasons I chose comp!

It is kinda dull, and not like you expect it to be though. You program a machine which does the whole thing for you <_<

As for making your own comp, I made my first when I was 13. But since then, I learned that it is of no use whatsoever. Just don't bother, they usually charge very little or none and if they mess up, you don't loose your twoandahalf grand.
edit: not that it ever happened to me! :) (happened twice now, to my friend though ouch!)

Thankx for the addvice. i will consider getting the differernt MoBo, but im not so sure about the HD.

And as for the case, im not bothered too much on looks but it isnt that expensive, considering it has good room and 7 already installed fans.

just makes my life easier. and its got all the slots i need. I'm jsut going to be using this pc to occasionaly game, use multiple CAD studios at once and play some loud music <_<

but if you could find me a Case which has similar cooling (from fans) already installed then link it here

Cheers

sorry, this may seem like a spam, but couldn't help it since I'm learning about exactly this, this year!
Bexa, take a Computer Engineer'ing course in College (not software, not science, not electronics, COMP Eng!) and there is a 90% chance (according to the university you go) that you'll make your own chip in third year! Hell, thats one of the reasons I chose comp!

It is kinda dull, and not like you expect it to be though. You program a machine which does the whole thing for you <_<

As for making your own comp, I made my first when I was 13. But since then, I learned that it is of no use whatsoever. Just don't bother, they usually charge very little or none and if they mess up, you don't loose your twoandahalf grand.
edit: not that it ever happened to me! :) (happened twice now, to my friend though ouch!)

Hmmm....I go to some good boffin school so I do not need to go college my school has Sixth Form which is better than college 96% get over C's in their A levels....So I am hoping I get really good in the future......
Some people from our school got into Cambridge and Oxford.
Anyways I am 13 so I probably can start learning around...NOW. I am going to try and learn it out of a book though.Although that is probably hard.I learnt how to use Paint Shop Pro out of a really thick book. Anyways I do not think I will succeed because I haven't a clue about all the components and all that stuff....I actually wanted to become a graphics designer more but that seems to be impossible too, s so many children my age are already expert at it...it seems unlikely for me to get a job in the future as so many people are already good at it and I don't even know much about it.