xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seanooi

Windows Media Player 11

From What I heard about WMP11, Microsoft's original plans for Windows Media Player (WMP) 11--formerly code-named Aurora--were fairly low-key, with just a few minor new features. That's all changed: Microsoft has canceled Aurora, and the company is moving the Longhorn media player to XP. Now code-named Polaris, WMP 11 will be a major release. There's just one problem: Instead of shipping in November, as per the original plan, WMP 11 will now ship in a public beta during that month, coinciding with Longhorn Beta 2. The final release is roughly scheduled for early 2006. ;)

This should be good aslong as they are careful not to focus to much on flashy graphics and set up a good media player. ok so I do actually quite like WMP 10 and 11 should also be a farily decent allround media player, does kind of undermine Vista though bringing out all of these progrmas for XP aswell. One thing I saw on TV the otherday though, which if true will definately leave me not upgrading (although I don't personally use Media Player, for music anyway it is an actually very good movie player) is that Microsoft are teaming up with MTV to offer an online music store which Microsoft plan to intergrate with WMP11, if this is true no amount of new features or flashy UI updates will make me upgrade (although i suspect Microsoft will manage to force the update, by disabling WMP10, and you know they can )

I can't wait for it to come out. I like it when there are more features in my plater. Windows Media Player 10 is good enough for me though at the moment. All I do is open it play music and minimize it to my toolbar which fits real fine. I'll be happy to see the new features of WMP 11 though. Ought to be more user friendly, which is even cooler.

I don't like the new media players from the beginning. It eats up resources I use Media Player Classic to play musics. I doesn't eat up much resource. I mean, if I open up windows media player, Other programs became slower especially if I'm compiling a project in background.I don't think media player need nice skin or effects. It need to be simple. Most people listen to music in background while doing something else.

yeah,good info,before this i donot hear about any issuing scheme about WMP 11.what's new features come out better than forum version.and the skin problem?nuh,i have no interesting in change skins frequently like wimap...just to wait real issue.

I am happy with Windows Media Player 10, in which they finally got things right. I hope that Microsoft will follow in that version's path, and add even more useful and nice improvements (the tabs at the top were a welcome change, that's what I think). Who knows. All we can do is wait for the release (which may take months longer than expected).

For myself, I don't really need good visualisation of Windows Media Player or all of my other media players (like Winamp). Because what I listen is the sound, not to see the graphics, not the visualisation given. Maybe it's great to be amazed by the stunning effect of the equalized-visualisation, but in the end my media players will always play the sound in the background, so I don't see them.

Sooo when exactly is Longhorn supposed to be in it's final release. I need to really update my Windows Media Player it's like version 7. V_V

There will basically be little or no difference between Microsoft's Windows Media Player 10 and Microsoft's soon-to-be-released Windows Media Player 11. As a current BETA Tester for Microsoft's Windows Vista Beta 1, I have a BETA version of Windows Media Player 11 installed on my system. In addition, I have another computer with Microsoft's Windows XP Professional installed, and when their monitors were put side-by-side, there was little or no difference visually between Version 10 and 11.