xisto Community
arnz

Rollercoaster Tycoon Theme park type simulations

I've played this game it first came out, and also played the sequel and the add on packs with scenarios and missions. In addition, I've also had played the game that started the theme park simulations (Theme Park). Is there anyone else out there who loves this game as much as I do? Its interesting to change the land and terrain around to get rides into interesting positions or have Roller Coasters on a very HIGH steel/cement supports. Its so rewarding to watch a park that you started grow from a small park to a bustling busy tourist attraction. Very addictive..

I loved this game when it first came out. I would play it for hours on end, building great parks. Then, I stopped playing until I got the two add-ons, called "Corkscrew Follies" and "Loopy Landscapes". Then I got hooked all over again, but stopped playing a bit ago.These games were great. I too loved how you could change the terrain. I loved how you could build those huge crazy roller coasters, sometimes I'd just build parks with huge roller coasters ;) . When i wasa kid ad played it, I would build parks with rides that crashed on purpose, to kill all my guests. Boy was I a mean child ;)

Yeah, one of my friends got it when the original first came out, I went to his house and we'd play for ages. Then he lent it to me, and I'd play for ages :D - it's really cool, but what really irked me was the most popular custom built roller coasters were the really really stupid ones. My friend built a coaster that was totally flat and it was the busiest ride :(, coz the visitors were too chicken for anything else :D. What I didn't get was how to get a ride going again once it crashed. The carriages would come back, and some people would line up, but somehow it just wouldn't move (I changed the lights back to green etc etc) - usually I'd have to just scrap the ride after it's killed anyone.I've also played some Theme Park, but I found that a bit too tedious and boring (the original anyway). Theme Park World was marginally better, but in my opinion, Rollercoaster Tycoon wins hands down.

Yup I have played the second and third one. The second I would play for a long time. I liked to build roller coasters and the other stuff like that. It was funny to see how much money I could make and how many people would get sick :D After a while though it gets boring doing the same thing. I was excited to get the third Roller Coaster Tycoon but once I started playing it, even though it had more features, it got old after a while. Just doing the same thing gets boring I guess.

I really think that these are the funnes sim city type games. I really liked the missions and what I really liked was that you get to build your own rollercoaster, and then let the people try it. And then they would barf, lol, or sometimes die :D

The carriages would come back, and some people would line up, but somehow it just wouldn't move (I changed the lights back to green etc etc) - usually I'd have to just scrap the ride after it's killed anyone.

To reset the ride all you had to do was press the red traffic light. Quick Question :D :Which Version of RollerCoaster Tycoon do you like the best Number 1 With Expansions, Number 2 With Expansions or Number 3 With Expansions.

In My Personal Opinion I Perferred Number 1 the best as it was original and you couldn't do what ever you like (e.g. Sandbox), you had to do the scenario. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is great though after you get all the patches put on for all the bugs.

thewebber1988

- - - - - - - - - - -
Are You Local? - The League Of Gentlemen

This kind of games are really funny, I haven?t played this because I don?t have too much time to play right now but Theme Park was my addiction for a period of time.?Anyway, anybody knows what was the first title of the "Tycoon" saga? I remember Railroad Tycoon a lot of years ago, like more than a decade, but I don?t even know if it was the first.

I've played this game it first came out, and also played the sequel and the add on packs with scenarios and missions. In addition, I've also had played the game that started the theme park simulations (Theme Park).
Is there anyone else out there who loves this game as much as I do? Its interesting to change the land and terrain around to get rides into interesting positions or have Roller Coasters on a very HIGH steel/cement supports. Its so rewarding to watch a park that you started grow from a small park to a bustling busy tourist attraction. Very addictive..

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought Roller Coaster Tycoon Loopy Landscapes first because I didnt know I needed the original Roller Coaster Tycoon so 2 weeks later i bought it and i had a great time playing it all night.
I made a real park but it messes up so i am mad lol but other than that its verry addicting like you said!

I loved this game, I really should go play once again. I have every expansion, and used to play it all the time. I really wished I saved my rollercoasted dubbed "Icey Jet" almost perfect Rollercoaster that took me a while to get very good. Very addicting, but I really wished they would keep going with it. It's so sad, that once I got starcraft, and more RTS's (Real time stratagy) PC games, I never touched RollerCoaster tycoon again. *goes off to find it*

all the games in this series are really good. It is so cool how you get to make amusment parks an get custmers to come. I also like the other ones like making a zoo and all that kind of stuff. It is all really cool when you are bored and have nothing to do.

Roller Coaster Tycoon is the best game i've ever played. I dont like Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 though because its in 3-D and it lags my computer like crazy when I make a large theme park with over a million guests. Thats why I like the first one better because even if you had a billion, it doesn't lag as much. I also like the first one better because it has more rides and its easier to create rides.