xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
conret

Ads On Your Site how much is your site worth

I dont know if this is the place to ask this but i figure it the most relaventok one guy told me that he makes money off companies putting their ads on his website. he sais that he cleared off a little space on his website and companies pay him to but their banner or link on his site. not like pay per click but like for him to put the banner on his website for a day or 5 hours and so on. He sais he gets payed 500-700 for each banner. I want to do the same but i dont know how much to charge. is there like a rubric to it. for example like if you have 50 people coming to your site then its 100 dollars for and hour. Can anyone tell me more about this system?

10,000 replies!!! i dont think that much in an hour because 10,00 is not a joke it's like if you have that many visitors to your site you might as well not even need money from advertizing i dont think any normal site has 10,000 vistors a hour the only exeption i would say is google, yahoo and a couple 50 more company sites but thats all.

I wonder if that really happens to a normal and common people who run a non-profit small business site such like yours and/or mine.I have Google ads on my site, but eventhough my music weblog is one of the most visited music sites in Mexico, seems like none clicks on the ads, perhaps it happens in a different way in the English Readers Countries... dunno....Cheers anyways.... ;)

Sure you actually do need something like 10,000 views but not for a day but for a month... This gives businesses a sense of hope in their ads.. Also places like gamespy they have lots of ads, imagine how much poeple pay for them.. ;) but until you have a site with over 10,000 a month don't expect much..

Try looking at Pointroll for it shows whats required also look at similar sites.

Try get alot of links back to your site and try getting better google rank to get more cash if any..

One needs a lot of patience and a site that interests a lot of visitors to consider making a full-time business out of it. Though it's possible to make $3000 U.S./month with a weblog that is linked to several affiliate sites, the blog itself must generate a lot of hits in the first place.

Usually companies pay money to put their banners on sites that have thousands, if not millions of hits a day. Business sites probably has the best chance of availing this since they have a considerable amount of traffic but for personal or blog sites to be paid has to have very good content being offered to its visitors. Are you sure he gets paid 500 for a few hours? That's a lot of money. Probably if he owns google or yahoo. :)

Your friend must be getting a lot of unique visitors. To charge 500-700 for a couple days is enourmous. With a much smaller site, maybe 100 uniques a day, probably 10 dollars for a week of banner space. (Prices fluctuate depending where the banner is located. if you put it at the bottom of the page....25 cents a week.)

I agree with the top ContributersYou better have atleats an average of a 1,000 visitors per hour or two to get that much money or to get even cose to that! Anyway i made up a list of things i think will be usefull to you when increasing the number of visitors. :D:D:( IF YOU GOT MONEY TO SPEND! :D:D:D:(:P:P:D:(:( 1. Buy a good domain with a hosting service with alot of tools like forums and members sites with server side checking. 2. Pay Google Or Yahoo to be sure you are listed on the first page or second on a relevent search. 3. Learn a good scripting language and make your site really RADD!IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY TO BURN THEN: :(:D:D:D 1. If your using a subdomain get a very short URL like "you.**.com" then less people will actually get that it's a subdomain.2. Get some cool templates to your site. There are realy cool free template site like freetemplates.com and more ( just search for it)3. Learn and use a good scripting language to spice up your web site!4. Give the visitors something to come for (use bait!) do a small contest or quiz and give away some prize (it doesn't always have to be a big prize!!!) 5. Know your vistors; do a questionair your self on the customers through e-mail or through the web site and know what thier attracted to and know what they don't llike! Hope this much helps BYE!! :D:D:D

you don't have to be so cheap to use free templates.....make your own. if you're going to have a money making website, you should atleast know html/css.anyways domain->hosting->site->advertising

I dont know if this is the place to ask this but i figure it the most relavent
ok one guy told me that he makes money off companies putting their ads on his website. he sais that he cleared off a little space on his website and companies pay him to but their banner or link on his site. not like pay per click but like for him to put the banner on his website for a day or 5 hours and so on. He sais he gets payed 500-700 for each banner. I want to do the same but i dont know how much to charge. is there like a rubric to it. for example like if you have 50 people coming to your site then its 100 dollars for and hour. Can anyone tell me more about this system?

Wow, I have always been looking for something like that...
Can someone please provide us more info...
Even I'm intrested in this field.....
:huh:

Ad sense advertisements based on website content. AdSense has been particularly important for delivering advertising revenue to small websites that do not have the resources for developing advertising sales programs and sales people.